networking with qemu and mac os 10.4 - Minix

This is a discussion on networking with qemu and mac os 10.4 - Minix ; Hi, I am running Minix 3 in Qemu on Mac OS 10.4 with Q ( http://www.kberg.ch/q/ ). During boot I get the following message: Starting networking: dhcpd nonamed talkd shell login telnet ftp. hostaddr: Unable to open ' /dev/ip': No ...

  1. networking with qemu and mac os 10.4

    Hi,

    I am running Minix 3 in Qemu on Mac OS 10.4 with Q
    (http://www.kberg.ch/q/). During boot I get the following message:

    Starting networking: dhcpd nonamed talkd shell login telnet ftp.
    hostaddr: Unable to open ' /dev/ip': No such device or address
    Unable to obtain an IP address.

    anyone know how to get networking to work in Qemu

    I saw a thread talking about setting up TAP a network interface, but
    can't really find any how-to's.

    Thanks

    -Dustin-

  2. Re: networking with qemu and mac os 10.4

    dustin.cannon@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am running Minix 3 in Qemu on Mac OS 10.4 with Q
    > (http://www.kberg.ch/q/). During boot I get the following message:
    >
    > Starting networking: dhcpd nonamed talkd shell login telnet ftp.
    > hostaddr: Unable to open ' /dev/ip': No such device or address
    > Unable to obtain an IP address.
    >
    > anyone know how to get networking to work in Qemu

    I had success after setting two environment variables at the
    monitor. Just press and type

    > qemu_pci=1
    > DPETH0=0xC100
    > save

    Works for me with Minix 3.1.1 and Qemu 0.8.0 on FreeBSD
    6.0-RELEASE.

    > I saw a thread talking about setting up TAP a network interface, but
    > can't really find any how-to's.

    Tap is not mandatory since Qemu provides its own NAT and DHCP
    server.

    --- Casantos

+ Reply to Thread