How to compile a new Minix2 kernel? - Minix

This is a discussion on How to compile a new Minix2 kernel? - Minix ; Hello, I've managed to install Minix 2.0.0 with sources+compiler etc in bochs. I was wondering if I had to recompilg the kernel for NE2000 support. If so after compiling the kernel goes in /usr/src/kernel and a binary named "kernel" how ...

  1. How to compile a new Minix2 kernel?

    Hello, I've managed to install Minix 2.0.0 with sources+compiler etc in
    bochs. I was wondering if I had to recompilg the kernel for NE2000
    support. If so after compiling the kernel goes in /usr/src/kernel and a
    binary named "kernel" how do I install that new kernel?

    Sorry I know 2x is outdated but I like it :-)

  2. Re: How to compile a new Minix2 kernel?

    All,

    > Hello, I've managed to install Minix 2.0.0 with sources+compiler etc in
    > bochs. I was wondering if I had to recompilg the kernel for NE2000
    > support. If so after compiling the kernel goes in /usr/src/kernel and a
    > binary named "kernel" how do I install that new kernel?

    If you have configured the kernel to include the driver, go to
    /usr/src/tools and type 'make hdboot'. That'll make a new image and
    install it.

    =Ben

  3. Re: How to compile a new Minix2 kernel?

    Thanks.. but im still getting this error:

    ifconfig: Unable to open '/dev/ip': No such device.

  4. Re: How to compile a new Minix2 kernel?

    Brynet@gmail.com wrote:
    > Thanks.. but im still getting this error:
    >
    > ifconfig: Unable to open '/dev/ip': No such device.

    Check if /dev/ip exists. Otherwise run as root:
    # /usr/bin/MAKEDEV ip

    Ciao
    Giovanni
    --
    A computer is like an air conditioner,
    it stops working when you open Windows.

  5. Re: How to compile a new Minix2 kernel?

    Alot of /dev's are available :| /dev/ip /dev/ip0 /dev/eth /ev/eth0

    Im not sure why but ifconfig works once inet is running.. although im
    not sure if /dev/ip is the propper device :S

+ Reply to Thread