test to post a message with pine under minix3.1 with pine4.10 - Minix

This is a discussion on test to post a message with pine under minix3.1 with pine4.10 - Minix ; Hello Minix-users World This is a test to see if i can post a message with pine 4.10 compiled on a minix 3.1.1 system. i can already send messages to IMAP accounts i can also read IMAP account and i ...

  1. test to post a message with pine under minix3.1 with pine4.10

    Hello Minix-users World
    This is a test to see if i can post a message with pine 4.10
    compiled on a minix 3.1.1 system.
    i can already send messages to IMAP accounts
    i can also read IMAP account and i can read newsgroup comp.os.minix
    with friendly regards Zeger Ruijter

  2. Re: test to post a message with pine under minix3.1 with pine4.10

    Congratulations,

    Can you post the compilation options?

    I wish to port version 4.64 and no published port options to minix
    exist in http://www.washington.edu/pine/

  3. Re: test to post a message with pine under minix3.1 with pine4.10

    Congratulations,

    Can you post the compilation options?

    I wish to port version 4.64 and no published port options to minix
    exist in http://www.washington.edu/pine/

  4. Re: test to post a message with pine under minix3.1 with pine4.10

    Congratulations,

    Can you post the compilation options?

    I wish to port version 4.64 and no published port options to minix
    exist in http://www.washington.edu/pine/

  5. Re: test to post a message with pine under minix3.1 with pine4.10

    Daniel wrote:
    > Congratulations,
    >
    > Can you post the compilation options?
    >
    > I wish to port version 4.64 and no published port options to minix
    > exist in http://www.washington.edu/pine/

    Well I tried first Pine version 4.63 but has some ugly side effects like
    random IP adresses as mail-server both as receive as send.
    So I decided to take older version
    that already can do IMAP4,POP3,SMTP and NNTP over the internet
    unix-mailbox on filesystem. further during compiling takes a lot of
    room of root device.

    because not all request to socket's is supported by minix
    kerberos V and the lastest openssl is not aviable jet under minix3
    also multiple connection and connection swapping from port is not
    avaible so rsh backdoor to imap is not avaible
    and really good Mail Transport Agent still under minix3.
    if i build a fast package for minix3, i'll have to replace build script
    anyway.
    with friendly regard Zeger Ruijter

+ Reply to Thread