minix for cell phones - Minix

This is a discussion on minix for cell phones - Minix ; we are tryin to develop minix for cell phones. how can i develop the kernel. And finally how can we port to cell phone... please guide me through the procedure or any guidance.......

  1. minix for cell phones

    we are tryin to develop minix for cell phones. how can i develop the
    kernel. And finally how can we port to cell phone... please guide me
    through the procedure or any guidance....

  2. Re: minix for cell phones

    A little more information might be helpful...your post sounds a lot like
    "please port minix to cell phones for me".

    The Grue

    "fourfour" wrote in message
    news:1139420852.112736.159780@g43g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
    > we are tryin to develop minix for cell phones. how can i develop the
    > kernel. And finally how can we port to cell phone... please guide me
    > through the procedure or any guidance....

  3. Re: minix for cell phones

    > we are tryin to develop minix for cell phones. how can i develop the
    > kernel.

    Bij downloading the source code, creating a tool chain for your specific
    platform, making the changes you'd like to the kernel and compiling the
    kernel. Basic programming stuff.

    > And finally how can we port to cell phone...

    See above. Basic programming stuff.

    > please guide me through the procedure or any guidance....

    You know... They have schools where they learn you basic programming
    stuff... Those people have lots of time for you, because you pay them for
    it.

    Alternatively, you can try to teach yourself. there's a very good book out
    there that will teach you the basics of operating system. It's called
    'Operating Systems Design and Implementation'. You can buy it here:
    http://vig.prenhall.com/catalog/acad...429388,00.html

    PeterV

  4. Re: minix for cell phones

    so making or porting an os is and easy task?
    i m really so confused about what an easy task is..long time ago
    someone told me that making an os is not an easy task,then someone told
    me making a compiler is not an easy task..and now someone says making
    an os is an easy task..
    i just wanna ask , what is not easy task?
    can anyone give us an example of hard task in programming?

  5. Re: minix for cell phones

    deepinlife@gmail.com wrote:
    > so making or porting an os is and easy task?
    > i m really so confused about what an easy task is..long time ago
    > someone told me that making an os is not an easy task,then someone told
    > me making a compiler is not an easy task..and now someone says making
    > an os is an easy task..
    > i just wanna ask , what is not easy task?
    > can anyone give us an example of hard task in programming?

    When you are not an expert on the subject any task is not an easy task.
    Getting knowledge is an hard task :-)

    Ciao
    Giovanni
    --
    A computer is like an air conditioner,
    it stops working when you open Windows.

  6. Re: minix for cell phones

    > so making or porting an os is and easy task?

    No, you failed to notice the sarcasm.

    It is NOT an easy task. Judging by fourfour's questions, he does not yet
    even know the basics of programming or operating system design. He is asking
    someone to guide him through 'the procedure'. Well, as most people need at
    least 5 or 6 years of experience in programming to be able to port an
    operating system to a different platform, he is asking someone to teach him
    5 or 6 years experience through posts in this newsgroup.

    I mean 'how can I develop the kernel'. What kind of question is that? The
    source code is downloadable, there is lots of documentation around. Building
    Minix from the source-code is easy if you have the right tools).

    So that's not what he's asking. I guess he's asking us to teach him C. Hence
    the sarcasm.

    PeterV

  7. Re: minix for cell phones

    /************************************************** ************************************************** *********/
    When you are not an expert on the subject any task is not an easy task.
    Getting knowledge is an hard task :-)
    /************************************************** ************************************************** *****/
    i think this summerize it ..thx

  8. Re: minix for cell phones

    Coding the Matrix

    The Grue

    wrote in message
    news:1139554257.411500.113760@f14g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
    > so making or porting an os is and easy task?
    > i m really so confused about what an easy task is..long time ago
    > someone told me that making an os is not an easy task,then someone told
    > me making a compiler is not an easy task..and now someone says making
    > an os is an easy task..
    > i just wanna ask , what is not easy task?
    > can anyone give us an example of hard task in programming?

  9. Re: minix for cell phones

    about matrix i feel confused when it increase in dimensions..i feel
    confused when it just come to 4 or more..:d
    once i have meet someone ona group ,he was coding matrix with dimension
    = 13:d
    i felt pity for the computer , he must be feling confused:d

  10. Re: minix for cell phones

    about matrix i feel confused when it increase in dimensions..i feel
    confused when it just come to 4 or more..:d
    once i have meet someone ona group ,he was coding matrix with dimension
    = 13:d
    i felt pity for the computer , he must be feling confused:d

+ Reply to Thread