increasing directories using mkfs - Minix

This is a discussion on increasing directories using mkfs - Minix ; I am trying to figure out how to add more directories under /. for this I need to make a proto-type file with the required directories and pass it as an arg to mkfs? is this right? How am i ...

  1. increasing directories using mkfs

    I am trying to figure out how to add more directories under /. for this
    I need to make a proto-type file with the required directories and pass
    it as an arg to mkfs? is this right? How am i to make this proto_type
    file with the new directories? Thanks
    prasanth

  2. Re: increasing directories using mkfs

    why not try as root

    # cd /
    # mkdir newdir

    -ishwar