question about datatype timer_t - Minix

This is a discussion on question about datatype timer_t - Minix ; Hi! there are two different datatype definitions of timer_t. One in severs/inet/generic/clock.h and one in include/timers.h. We guess one is old unused code (clock.h) or one is new work in progress code (timers.h), is it correct? Is there a possibility ...

  1. question about datatype timer_t

    Hi!

    there are two different datatype definitions of timer_t. One in
    severs/inet/generic/clock.h and one in include/timers.h.

    We guess one is old unused code (clock.h) or one is new work in progress
    code (timers.h), is it correct?

    Is there a possibility to mount the minix cd to get the library source
    code? Because it is pretty annoying not to have the complete source code
    for the function defined in timers.h.

    greetz
    Bernhard

  2. Re: question about datatype timer_t

    >Is there a possibility to mount the minix cd to get the library source
    >code? Because it is pretty annoying not to have the complete source code
    >for the function defined in timers.h.

    The function defined in timers.h likely locates in \usr\src\lib\timers.

  3. Re: question about datatype timer_t

    lxbcyllt@jx163.com wrote:
    >>Is there a possibility to mount the minix cd to get the library source
    >>code? Because it is pretty annoying not to have the complete source code
    >>for the function defined in timers.h.

    > The function defined in timers.h likely locates in \usr\src\lib\timers.

    thx I guessed that, but how can I get the files out of there and onto my
    linux partition? (Preferable without booting minix3.)
    And why isn't the complete source code provided anyway, in form of a
    archive?

    Bernhard

  4. Re: question about datatype timer_t

  5. Re: question about datatype timer_t

  6. Re: question about datatype timer_t

  7. Re: question about datatype timer_t

    lxbcyllt@jx163.com wrote:
    > Please see
    > http://groups.google.com.au/group/co...3428a21754cd21
    > for more details.

    thx

  8. Re: question about datatype timer_t

    Bernhard Kast wrote:
    > Hi!
    >
    > there are two different datatype definitions of timer_t. One in
    > severs/inet/generic/clock.h and one in include/timers.h.
    >
    > We guess one is old unused code (clock.h) or one is new work in progress
    > code (timers.h), is it correct?

    The one in servers/inet/generic/clock.h is for the clock server only.
    The other one is meant for everything else.

    > Is there a possibility to mount the minix cd to get the library source
    > code? Because it is pretty annoying not to have the complete source code
    > for the function defined in timers.h.
    >
    > greetz
    > Bernhard

+ Reply to Thread