location of ack source - Minix

This is a discussion on location of ack source - Minix ; Anyone know where source to the latest ACK C compiler is? The minix3 web site had what appeared to be modula2 & one other language but not C. Hul...

  1. location of ack source

    Anyone know where source to the latest ACK C compiler is? The minix3 web
    site had what appeared to be modula2 & one other language but not C.

    Hul

  2. Re: location of ack source

    The source seems to be available at:
    http://tack.sourceforge.net/
    I dont know how compilable the stuff there is though.

    -Ivan

  3. Re: location of ack source

    Ivan -

    thanks for the suggestion. Most of the code there seems to be tied
    into the GNU license. For any commercial use that's a difficulty. I was
    hoping to find something closer to Minix.

    Hul

    Ivan Kelly wrote:
    > The source seems to be available at:
    > http://tack.sourceforge.net/
    > I dont know how compilable the stuff there is though.

    > -Ivan

  4. Re: location of ack source

    The original ACK sources carry the BSD license, and are available at
    http://www.cs.vu.nl/ack/ (directly:
    ftp://ftp.cs.vu.nl/pub/ceriel/ack/Ack-5.5.zip). A port of these sources
    to run on Minix is available at http://www.laurasia.com.au/ack/, and
    there is no GPL'd code in that distribution.

  5. Re: location of ack source

    Michael - many thanks.

    Hul

    Michael Kennett wrote:
    > The original ACK sources carry the BSD license, and are available at
    > http://www.cs.vu.nl/ack/ (directly:
    > ftp://ftp.cs.vu.nl/pub/ceriel/ack/Ack-5.5.zip). A port of these sources
    > to run on Minix is available at http://www.laurasia.com.au/ack/, and
    > there is no GPL'd code in that distribution.

+ Reply to Thread