Source for the Hardware/Kernel Task - Minix

This is a discussion on Source for the Hardware/Kernel Task - Minix ; We are trying desperatley to find the source code for the Hardware/Kernel Task. Does anyone has a clue where to look at or is it possible the source isn't included in the source code download? thx in advance Bernhard Kast...

  1. Source for the Hardware/Kernel Task

    We are trying desperatley to find the source code for
    the Hardware/Kernel Task.
    Does anyone has a clue where to look at or is it possible
    the source isn't included in the source code download?

    thx in advance
    Bernhard Kast

  2. Re: Source for the Hardware/Kernel Task

    Look under /usr/src/servers /usr/src/drivers and /usr/src/kernel. Depending
    on what you are looking for, I would think it is in one of those. Are you
    looking for anything in particular?

    The Grue

    "Bernhard Kast" wrote in message
    news:43b3ea59$0$707$79720d31@newsreader.inode.at.. .
    > We are trying desperatley to find the source code for
    > the Hardware/Kernel Task.
    > Does anyone has a clue where to look at or is it possible
    > the source isn't included in the source code download?
    >
    > thx in advance
    > Bernhard Kast

  3. Re: Source for the Hardware/Kernel Task

    yes, for the "hardware/kernel" kernel task (kernel tasks are
    hardware/kernel, idle, system, clock). We did find the source for the
    idle, system and clock but so far the hardware task has eluded us.

    > Look under /usr/src/servers /usr/src/drivers and /usr/src/kernel. Depending
    > on what you are looking for, I would think it is in one of those. Are you
    > looking for anything in particular?
    >
    > The Grue
    >
    > "Bernhard Kast" wrote in message
    > news:43b3ea59$0$707$79720d31@newsreader.inode.at.. .
    >
    >>We are trying desperatley to find the source code for
    >>the Hardware/Kernel Task.
    >>Does anyone has a clue where to look at or is it possible
    >>the source isn't included in the source code download?
    >>
    >>thx in advance
    >>Bernhard Kast

  4. Re: Source for the Hardware/Kernel Task

    In article <43b4049f$0$719$79720d31@newsreader.inode.at>,
    Bernhard Kast wrote:
    >yes, for the "hardware/kernel" kernel task (kernel tasks are
    >hardware/kernel, idle, system, clock). We did find the source for the
    >idle, system and clock but so far the hardware task has eluded us.

    Hardware is a fake task that is never scheduled.

  5. Re: Source for the Hardware/Kernel Task

    Philip Homburg wrote:
    > In article <43b4049f$0$719$79720d31@newsreader.inode.at>,
    > Bernhard Kast wrote:
    >
    >>yes, for the "hardware/kernel" kernel task (kernel tasks are
    >>hardware/kernel, idle, system, clock). We did find the source for the
    >>idle, system and clock but so far the hardware task has eluded us.

    > Hardware is a fake task that is never scheduled.

    What happens if there is a bug in the scheduler that causes HARDWARE to
    get scheduled?

+ Reply to Thread