why can't mount floppy disk? - Minix

This is a discussion on why can't mount floppy disk? - Minix ; In minix 3 ,enter "mount /dev/fd0 /mnt",system echo "invalid argument". mount cd-rom,enter "mount /dev/c0d2p0 /mnt",also diplay the same error message, why?? Thanks for help, and sorry for my bad English....

  1. why can't mount floppy disk?

    In minix 3 ,enter "mount /dev/fd0 /mnt",system echo "invalid argument".

    mount cd-rom,enter "mount /dev/c0d2p0 /mnt",also diplay the same error
    message, why??

    Thanks for help, and sorry for my bad English.

  2. Re: why can't mount floppy disk?

    you can just type

    M 0

    in order to mount your floppy disk

  3. Re: why can't mount floppy disk?

    Probably your floppy does not have a minix file system, if so then do
    read about mkfs.
    Now regarding CD's. There are these ISOtools( isodir, isoread,
    isoinfo). They will not solve the problem of mounting a CDROM but could
    help in reading or copying files.

  4. Re: why can't mount floppy disk?

    hi, Soni -
    thank you very much!!!
    I resolve the problem on the floor using "mount -r /dev/c0d2p0
    /mnt",becase of cd-rom is read-only.

+ Reply to Thread