minix3 on SkyEye/ARM - Minix

This is a discussion on minix3 on SkyEye/ARM - Minix ; SkyEye group is porting minix3 on SkyEye/ARM. I think we will finished the initial version of minix3 on SkyEye/Atmel AT91 in Jan.,2006. Then we will port minix3 on SkyEye/XScale. Regards Chen Yu yuchen@tsinghua.edu.cn 2005-12-27...

  1. minix3 on SkyEye/ARM

    SkyEye group is porting minix3 on SkyEye/ARM.
    I think we will finished the initial version of minix3 on SkyEye/Atmel
    AT91 in Jan.,2006.
    Then we will port minix3 on SkyEye/XScale.

    Regards

    Chen Yu
    yuchen@tsinghua.edu.cn
    2005-12-27

  2. Re: minix3 on SkyEye/ARM

    Hi,

    Can you please tell me what compiler you are using to compile minix3
    for ARM ?

    Regards,
    Karram.

  3. Re: minix3 on SkyEye/ARM

    Karram wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Can you please tell me what compiler you are using to compile minix3
    > for ARM ?
    >
    > Regards,
    > Karram.

    Will the source code to The SkyEye/ARM port be available, or will you
    take advantage of the BSD license freedom of a binary-only release
    (please release source)

  4. Re: minix3 on SkyEye/ARM

    gcc-3.x (from uclinux's arm-elf-tools)

  5. Re: minix3 on SkyEye/ARM

    we will release src.

  6. Re: minix3 on SkyEye/ARM

    chenyu wrote:
    > Then we will port minix3 on SkyEye/XScale.

    I spent my weekend successfully getting the following running on the
    (Cisco) LinkSys NSLU2: Linux, gcc/g++, Python, Perl, vim, lua. It all
    works great. Very impressive.

    The NSLU2 is based on the XScale IPX420, and includes 32 MB RAM, 8 MB
    flash, Ethernet, and USB. It is available for ~$90-100 USD. (Plus
    another ~$50-100 USD for a USB flash disk.)

    So -- this might be an interesting, affordable platform to port MINIX 3
    to, once there is an XScale ARM port. The NSLU2 includes RedBoot,
    which might be used to bootstrap the first cut of MINIX 3.

    Thanks.

    Jim

+ Reply to Thread