where is system calling function definition in Minix3 ? - Minix

This is a discussion on where is system calling function definition in Minix3 ? - Minix ; In Minix3 the system call are mapped in vector table below: PUBLIC int (*call_vec[NR_SYS_CALLS])(message *m_ptr); which is defined in source file /kernel/system.c since the driver has been moved out of kernel , there should be some interface function , to ...

  1. where is system calling function definition in Minix3 ?

    In Minix3 the system call are mapped in vector table below:
    PUBLIC int (*call_vec[NR_SYS_CALLS])(message *m_ptr);

    which is defined in source file /kernel/system.c

    since the driver has been moved out of kernel , there should be some
    interface function , to make drivers make use of kernel system call
    vectors, in the end control hardware registers ;

    I am sure the function below declared in syslib.h are mapped to
    SYS_SDEVIO
    system call ;

    _PROTOTYPE( int sys_sdevio, (int req, long port, int type, int proc_nr,
    void *buffer, int count));

    after read through the source code , I didn't find it's
    implementation
    anywhere.

    As far as I know , Minix2.0 do have system calling interface
    functions ;

    for example:
    _PROTOTYPE( int sys_fork, (int _parent, int _child, int _pid,
    phys_clicks _shadow) );

    The sys_fork system calling function , which is declared in
    syslib.h,
    and implemented in lib/syslib/sys_fork.c

    Could anyone enlighten me on the problem ?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: where is system calling function definition in Minix3 ?

    On 12/17/05 04:03, wavemike@yeah.net wrote:
    > In Minix3 the system call are mapped in vector table below:
    > PUBLIC int (*call_vec[NR_SYS_CALLS])(message *m_ptr);

    > after read through the source code , I didn't find it's
    > implementation anywhere.

    > The sys_fork system calling function , which is declared in
    > syslib.h, and implemented in lib/syslib/sys_fork.c

    Source for these system calls is in /usr/src/lib/syslib/

    Ciao
    Giovanni
    --
    A computer is like an air conditioner,
    it stops working when you open Windows.

  3. Re: where is system calling function definition in Minix3 ?

    Thank you very much, I found it in IDE-CDROM package.
    I think I'd better boot from it, and keep the ball rolling first.

+ Reply to Thread