Httpd connection problem - Minix

This is a discussion on Httpd connection problem - Minix ; Hi- first I whould like to say that I'm impressed with minix 3. It is realy simple, and nice to novice like me. I whould like someone to help me with problem with httpd. I have dowloaded the httpd from ...

  1. Httpd connection problem

    Hi- first I whould like to say that I'm impressed with minix 3.
    It is realy simple, and nice to novice like me.
    I whould like someone to help me with problem with httpd.

    I have dowloaded the httpd from minix3.org website with easypack
    (which I had first reinstall to solve the bug). Then I installed httpd
    into
    the system, copy httpd.conf and httpd.mtype files into /etc. I created
    the index.htm file and put it into /usr/www. I started
    the httpd like it was written into README and man pages:

    # tcpd http /usr/local/bin/in.httpd &

    I connect from another computer trough web, the page is blank, and
    in minix is written:

    # tcpd http: Unable to listen: Connection timed out

    If someone could help me please.

    Thank you
    Riot77
    It is better to be young and stupid than beeing just stupid!

  2. Re: Httpd connection problem

    Anybody?

  3. Re: Httpd connection problem

    Sorry, what was the question again?

    The Grue

    "Riot77" wrote in message
    news:1134398106.157081.288370@g47g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
    > Anybody?

  4. Re: Httpd connection problem

    All,

    > Hi- first I whould like to say that I'm impressed with minix 3.
    > It is realy simple, and nice to novice like me.
    > I whould like someone to help me with problem with httpd.
    >
    > I have dowloaded the httpd from minix3.org website with easypack
    > (which I had first reinstall to solve the bug). Then I installed httpd
    > into
    > the system, copy httpd.conf and httpd.mtype files into /etc. I created
    > the index.htm file and put it into /usr/www. I started
    > the httpd like it was written into README and man pages:
    >
    > # tcpd http /usr/local/bin/in.httpd &
    >
    > I connect from another computer trough web, the page is blank, and
    > in minix is written:
    >
    > # tcpd http: Unable to listen: Connection timed out
    >
    > If someone could help me please.

    Hm, if I try the above on my minix machine here it works okay. Perhaps
    it would help to debug the problem if you could telnet to your minix,
    and try the request manually, and see how far you get?

    =Ben

  5. Re: Httpd connection problem

    If I create telnetd, it also write "Unable to listen: Connection timed
    out".
    Where could be the problem.

    James T. Sprinkle (The Grue): If you cannot understand the question,
    then I cannot help you.

  6. Re: Httpd connection problem

    All,

    > If I create telnetd, it also write "Unable to listen: Connection timed
    > out".
    > Where could be the problem.

    It's an error from tcpd. tcpd tries to accept a connection, on which
    packets are seen coming in, but then fails to complete, hence the
    error. This suggests packets come in but can't be sent back. You
    could try simpler things (such as ping and traceroute) to ensure
    basic connectivity first..?

    =Ben

  7. Re: Httpd connection problem

    Ping is working OK, also there is no problem to connect to the internet
    and downloading software packages from ww.minix3.org site.
    I think that this behaves like there is some kind of a firewall that I
    do not know.
    It realy frustrate me when I'm so close to finish line, and there is
    this silly problem.

  8. Re: Httpd connection problem

    Oh, I could understand your problem if I could only see your initial post.
    I only saw the "Re".

    The Grue

    "Riot77" wrote in message
    news:1134740945.524113.91380@g49g2000cwa.googlegro ups.com...
    > If I create telnetd, it also write "Unable to listen: Connection timed
    > out".
    > Where could be the problem.
    >
    > James T. Sprinkle (The Grue): If you cannot understand the question,
    > then I cannot help you.

+ Reply to Thread