Where is the rest of the source code? - Minix

This is a discussion on Where is the rest of the source code? - Minix ; I couldn't find the source for the libraries in http://www.minix3.org/download/minix..._3_1_1.tar.bz2 . Am I missing something? Where can I download this code if it is not in this file? I would like to examine the sources before I (decide to) start ...

  1. Where is the rest of the source code?

    I couldn't find the source for the libraries in
    http://www.minix3.org/download/minix..._3_1_1.tar.bz2. Am I missing
    something? Where can I download this code if it is not in this file? I
    would like to examine the sources before I (decide to) start working on
    an XScale port.

  2. Re: Where is the rest of the source code?

    If you have installed MINIX 3.1.1, it is under /usr/src/lib. If you mount
    the cd it is under src/lib.

    The Grue

    wrote in message
    news:1134150458.113344.200790@f14g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
    > I couldn't find the source for the libraries in
    > http://www.minix3.org/download/minix..._3_1_1.tar.bz2. Am I missing
    > something? Where can I download this code if it is not in this file? I
    > would like to examine the sources before I (decide to) start working on
    > an XScale port.

  3. Re: Where is the rest of the source code?

    ipaqwizard@hotmail.com wrote:
    > I couldn't find the source for the libraries in
    > http://www.minix3.org/download/minix..._3_1_1.tar.bz2. Am I missing
    > something? Where can I download this code if it is not in this file?

    The rest of the source is on the bootable CD in /usr/src. I agree this
    is less than ideal.

    > I would like to examine the sources before I (decide to) start working on
    > an XScale port.

    Cool! I will be working on an XScale port at VU. We should keep in
    touch. In the meantime, have a look at

    http://www.ugcs.caltech.edu/~weel/xscale.html

+ Reply to Thread