minix crashed - Minix

This is a discussion on minix crashed - Minix ; After minix startup with net, I create a user "temp" with password 123. I can connet with minix using ftp. All thing is OK. But when I telnet minix, minix refuse me. Then it crashed. when I login,it show: "Login ...

  1. minix crashed

    After minix startup with net, I create a user "temp" with password 123.
    I can connet with minix using ftp. All thing is OK.
    But when I telnet minix, minix refuse me. Then it crashed.

    when I login,it show:
    "Login time out after 60 seconds", then with root user

  2. Re: minix crashed

    citestone wrote:
    > After minix startup with net, I create a user "temp" with password 123.
    > I can connet with minix using ftp. All thing is OK.
    > But when I telnet minix, minix refuse me. Then it crashed.
    >
    > when I login,it show:
    > "Login time out after 60 seconds", then with root user

    I hate to be rude, but your English is awful.
    And that's NOT a crash. A crash looks something more along the lines of
    this:
    "FS: Panic in getfsv() line 143"
    with your system completely locking up.
    "Login timeout" means you didn't put your password in quick enough.
    Maybe your connection has too high of a latency, or your telnet client
    on your other computer is stupid (DO NOT use the Telnet client provided
    with Windows 95/98; use PuTTY or something that actually works).

  3. Re: minix crashed

    I login with root in console, and the root have NO password.
    When I enter root, Minix immediately show "Login timed out after 60
    seconds".
    I run Minix in bochs 2.2.1.

    Minix Release 3 Version 1.1 (console)

    192.168.68.215 login:root
    Password:
    Login timed out after 60 seconds

    Minix Release 3 Version 1.1 (console)

    192.168.68.215 login:

    Who can help me! thinks!

    Segin wrote:
    > citestone wrote:
    > > After minix startup with net, I create a user "temp" with password 123.
    > > I can connet with minix using ftp. All thing is OK.
    > > But when I telnet minix, minix refuse me. Then it crashed.
    > >
    > > when I login,it show:
    > > "Login time out after 60 seconds", then with root user
    > >

    > I hate to be rude, but your English is awful.
    > And that's NOT a crash. A crash looks something more along the lines of
    > this:
    > "FS: Panic in getfsv() line 143"
    > with your system completely locking up.
    > "Login timeout" means you didn't put your password in quick enough.
    > Maybe your connection has too high of a latency, or your telnet client
    > on your other computer is stupid (DO NOT use the Telnet client provided
    > with Windows 95/98; use PuTTY or something that actually works).

  4. Re: minix crashed

    It occurred to me that Segin wrote in comp.os.minix:
    > I hate to be rude

    Then do us all a favour, and refrain from being rude..

    --
    Martijn van Buul - pino@dohd.org - http://www.stack.nl/~martijnb/
    Geek code: G-- - Visit OuterSpace: mud.stack.nl 3333

  5. Re: minix crashed

    citestone wrote:
    > I login with root in console, and the root have NO password.
    > When I enter root, Minix immediately show "Login timed out after 60
    > seconds".
    > I run Minix in bochs 2.2.1.

    Hi,
    There are something wrong in your bochs's config file. I have meet it,
    Just read the bochs guid file more clearly, and change the ips.

    for more details, you should find in the bochs.sourceforge.net.
    Good lucky!

    BTW, you can also hit keyboard as quickly as possible!

+ Reply to Thread