setup question - Minix

This is a discussion on setup question - Minix ; Would you mind telling me how I can setup the OS minix on virtual machine without any floppy disk ?...

  1. setup question

    Would you mind telling me how I can setup the OS minix on virtual machine
    without any floppy disk ?

  2. Re: setup question

    "Wind Young" writes:

    > Would you mind telling me how I can setup the OS minix on virtual machine
    > without any floppy disk ?

    Which virtual machine? Do the images provided on www.minix3.org not
    work for you?

    --
    Thomas Bjorn Andersen
    +++ATH

  3. Re: setup question

    If you use VMware it is easy. First get the minix image, burn a CD and
    then create new virtual machine in VMware (type other) and install the
    minix OS following the documentation on minix3.org site. Once install
    is finished you can shutdown, remove the CD and start the virtual
    machine again. It will boot into minix automatically.

    Jan

  4. Re: setup question

    Wind Young wrote:
    > Would you mind telling me how I can setup the OS minix on virtual machine
    > without any floppy disk ?

    You download the minix iso,
    then you create a new VM ,
    and in the Edit VM Settings Dialog/CDROM
    you tell VM-Ware, that the CD-rom device
    is an ISO Image, and then you browse
    to the downloaded Image and click on it,
    then you start the VM the VM
    will boot minix.

  5. Re: setup question

    Can you tell me which simulator are you using ?
    If you are trying to use qemu, I can offer some suggestions.

    Karram

+ Reply to Thread