Re: LinkSys finds Linux memory footprint expensive - Minix

This is a discussion on Re: LinkSys finds Linux memory footprint expensive - Minix ; It surely does ! But, I am thinking how licensing an RTOS can be cheaper than adding more flash and ram. Is anyone working on an ARM port of minix currently ?...

  1. Re: LinkSys finds Linux memory footprint expensive

    It surely does !
    But, I am thinking how licensing an RTOS can be cheaper than adding
    more flash and ram.

    Is anyone working on an ARM port of minix currently ?

  2. Re: LinkSys finds Linux memory footprint expensive

    There was someone in Canada, Dries Holtzhausen, who was going to do it
    for his company, which makes embedded systems, but for unrelated
    reasons that project was stopped.

    Consequently, nobody is doing an ARM port (as far as I know). Clearly
    a valuable thing to have.

    Andy Tanenbaum

  3. Re: LinkSys finds Linux memory footprint expensive

    I am interested in working on an ARM port. But, I can start working on
    it only from next month.
    I think, during the initial stages of porting, we can use a simulator
    like skyeye (http://www.skyeye.org).

+ Reply to Thread