A dreaded error 11 encountered in Time Machine. - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on A dreaded error 11 encountered in Time Machine. - Microsoft Windows ; I need to use Time machine. But it gives me a dreaded error saying "Backup failed with error 11". And i cannot run it any longer. What should i do to fix it?...

  1. A dreaded error 11 encountered in Time Machine.

    I need to use Time machine. But it gives me a dreaded error saying "Backup failed with error 11". And i cannot run it any longer. What should i do to fix it?
    ios 5 2nd gen, algebra solver

  2. Re: A dreaded error 11 encountered in Time Machine.

    It looks like you may have two possibilities on discussions.apple:

    https://discussions.apple.com/message/16053587#16053587

    "I just had to exclude the files named in system.log "Aug 30 13:28:56 noname com.apple.backupd[651]: Error: (-41) SrcErr:NO ......" and the backup finished successfully."

    "I think excluding the files from Time Machine is just ignoring the problem. It sounds like you need to repair your startup disk."

    But please also click on links posted by BDAqua.

    Hope this helps.

+ Reply to Thread