spoolsv.exe - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on spoolsv.exe - Microsoft Windows ; Hello, At each computer startup, spoolsv.exe wants a connection to a specific server. I have a few questions: (1) What is that server, i.e. a. Is it intended by Microsoft that such a connection be made and b. Is the ...

  1. spoolsv.exe

    Hello,

    At each computer startup, spoolsv.exe wants a connection to
    a specific server. I have a few questions:

    (1) What is that server, i.e.

    a. Is it intended by Microsoft that such a connection be made and

    b. Is the server to be connected one run by Microsoft or other
    serious institution and not a malicious one?

    (2) What function performs that connection? Is that unconditional
    necessary? (I learned that spoolsv.eve has something to do
    only with my printer.)

    Thanks very much in advance.

    Mok-Kong

    (3

  2. Re: spoolsv.exe

    Mok-Kong Shen wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > At each computer startup, spoolsv.exe wants a connection to
    > a specific server. I have a few questions:
    >
    > (1) What is that server, i.e.

    It's an internal one i believe, software. Spoolsv runs the print spool
    list and send the jobs waiting to be printed when the printer is
    available.

+ Reply to Thread