Windows update blocks internet access - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Windows update blocks internet access - Microsoft Windows ; The most recent Windows XP update seems to block Internet access -- be very careful before installing, and make sure you have "System Restore" turned on. http://methodius.blogspot.com/2008/0...-internet.html -- Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa Web: http://hayesfam.bravehost.com/stevesig.htm Blog: http://methodius.blogspot.com E-mail - ...

  1. Windows update blocks internet access

    --
    Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa
    Blog: http://methodius.blogspot.com

  2. Re: Windows update blocks internet access

    On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 16:12:55 +0200, Steve Hayes
    wrote:

    >The most recent Windows XP update seems to block Internet access -- be very
    >careful before installing, and make sure you have "System Restore" turned on.
    >
    >http://methodius.blogspot.com/2008/0...-internet.html

    Are you using the ZoneAlarm firewall?

    If so, the latest version of ZoneAlarm fixes this issue:
    http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...cessIssue.html

    Other options include switching your firewall, dropping ZoneAlarm to
    "medium" security, or uninstalling the hotfix.

  3. Re: Windows update blocks internet access

    On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 11:00:03 GMT, Spalls Hurgenson wrote:

    >On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 16:12:55 +0200, Steve Hayes
    > wrote:
    >
    >>The most recent Windows XP update seems to block Internet access -- be very
    >>careful before installing, and make sure you have "System Restore" turned on.
    >>
    >>http://methodius.blogspot.com/2008/0...-internet.html

    >Are you using the ZoneAlarm firewall?
    >
    >If so, the latest version of ZoneAlarm fixes this issue:
    >http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/fr...cessIssue.html
    >
    >Other options include switching your firewall, dropping ZoneAlarm to
    >"medium" security, or uninstalling the hotfix.

    I did the last (via Systyem Restore), downloaded the Zone Alarm update, then
    reinstalled the Windows patch. Seems to work now.