Mac Market Share Facts - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Mac Market Share Facts - Microsoft Windows ; "Hadron" wrote in message news:g1j9cl$d6j$2@registered.motzarella.org > "Cuphea Ignea" writes: > >> "George Graves" wrote in message >> news:0001HW.C46250C000315E4EF01846D8@news.comcast. net >>> On Wed, 28 May 2008 01:47:45 -0700, Cuphea Ignea wrote >>> (in article ): >>> >>>> "George Graves" wrote in ...

  1. Re: Linux Market Share Facts

    Ah, the mirror and you are aquainted.

    --
    http://www.as7apcool.com/

  2. Re: Linux Market Share Facts

    In article ,
    JEDIDIAH wrote:

    > On 2008-05-26, ZnU wrote:
    > > In article ,
    > > "Cuphea Ignea" wrote:
    > >
    > >> "ZnU" wrote in message

    > [deletia]
    > >>
    > >> I have not said what my experience is nor shall I defend myself to a
    > >> make beleive artist such as you!

    > > In other words, you barely understand what I'm talking about because you
    > > have no experience in this field.

    > Do you?
    >
    > Unless you are ready to say "I am a pre-press professional" then
    > you're just talking out your ass.

    I do a fairly wide range of media-related work, so I'm not sure that
    label would make sense. But if you're asking if I've ever been paid to
    create color-accurate deliverables for printing on commercial presses,
    worked with print shops, and signed off on proofs... the answer is yes,
    I have. I've also been brought in as a consultant to set up
    color-managed workflows.

    > Also, like I implied before. The fact that Windows dominates this
    > now, or the Mac dominated this 10 years ago doesn't say much about
    > Linux in general.

    The Mac still overwhelmingly dominates prepress.

    > It's like getting all hot and bothered about Cubase.

    And pro audio, for that matter.

    --
    "More than two decades later, it is hard to imagine the Revolutionary War coming
    out any other way."

  3. Re: Linux Market Share Facts

    On Wed, 28 May 2008 02:01:38 -0700, Cuphea Ignea wrote
    (in article ):

    > "George Graves" wrote in message
    > news:0001HW.C46250DD0031650CF01846D8@news.comcast. net
    >> On Wed, 28 May 2008 01:45:03 -0700, Cuphea Ignea wrote
    >> (in article ):
    >>
    >>> "George Graves" wrote in message
    >>> news:0001HW.C461998E00066E3DF01846D8@news.comcast. net

    >>> If you have not even used it for a few days then how do you know why
    >>> it does not have what you think it does?
    >>>

    >> USED WHAT????!!!!!!!!!

    > The issue is GIMP and PHOTOSHOP. I like you punctutation to be less so you
    > can say more if you know what I mean.

    How many times do I have to say that I have USED BOTH GIMP and PHOTOSHOP and
    GIMP doesn't support CMYK color separations and I CANNOT USE IT FOR PRINT
    WORK. How many times do I have to say that I don't care what GIMP does in the
    RGB space because RGB is not used in Pre-Press!

  4. Re: Linux Market Share Facts

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  5. Re: Linux Market Share Facts

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  6. Re: Linux Market Share Facts

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

  7. Re: Linux Market Share Facts

    On Wed, 28 May 2008 04:47:45 -0400, Cuphea Ignea wrote:

    > There are plug ins and you have not seen Crystal Skull to know what you are
    > talking about.

    You are a moron. I am entrenched in the pre-press world -- I have been since
    the mid-80s -- and GIMP has no place here.

  8. Re: Linux Market Share Facts

    On Wed, 28 May 2008 17:20:46 -0400, George Graves wrote:
    >> The issue is GIMP and PHOTOSHOP. I like you punctutation to be less so you
    >> can say more if you know what I mean.
    >>

    > How many times do I have to say that I have USED BOTH GIMP and PHOTOSHOP and
    > GIMP doesn't support CMYK color separations and I CANNOT USE IT FOR PRINT
    > WORK. How many times do I have to say that I don't care what GIMP does in the

    > RGB space because RGB is not used in Pre-Press!

    But you need to try it.

    (Sorry. Couldn't resist.)

  9. Re: Linux Market Share Facts

    On Wed, 28 May 2008 18:41:58 -0700, Tim Murray wrote
    (in article ):

    > On Wed, 28 May 2008 17:20:46 -0400, George Graves wrote:
    >>> The issue is GIMP and PHOTOSHOP. I like you punctutation to be less so
    >>> you
    >>> can say more if you know what I mean.
    >>>

    >> How many times do I have to say that I have USED BOTH GIMP and PHOTOSHOP
    >> and
    >> GIMP doesn't support CMYK color separations and I CANNOT USE IT FOR PRINT
    >> WORK. How many times do I have to say that I don't care what GIMP does in
    >> the

    >> RGB space because RGB is not used in Pre-Press!

    > But you need to try it.
    >
    > (Sorry. Couldn't resist.)

    Rightttttt!

  10. Re: Linux Market Share Facts

    "George Graves" wrote in message
    news:0001HW.C4631ABE00119BE6F01846D8@news.comcast. net
    > On Wed, 28 May 2008 02:01:38 -0700, Cuphea Ignea wrote
    > (in article ):
    >
    >> "George Graves" wrote in message
    >> news:0001HW.C46250DD0031650CF01846D8@news.comcast. net
    >>> On Wed, 28 May 2008 01:45:03 -0700, Cuphea Ignea wrote
    >>> (in article ):

    >>> USED WHAT????!!!!!!!!!

    >> The issue is GIMP and PHOTOSHOP. I like you punctutation to be less
    >> so you can say more if you know what I mean.
    >>

    > How many times do I have to say that I have USED BOTH GIMP and
    > PHOTOSHOP and GIMP doesn't support CMYK color separations and I
    > CANNOT USE IT FOR PRINT WORK. How many times do I have to say that I
    > don't care what GIMP does in the RGB space because RGB is not used in
    > Pre-Press!

    There are 99 Beautiful Names of God but man does not know God. You can
    repeat the same thing about PHOTOSHOP and GIMP but that will not make you a
    learned man. I am asking you to step from the side of your box and to think
    like the righteous man.

    --
    http://www.as7apcool.com/

  11. Re: Linux Market Share Facts

    "Tim Murray" wrote in message
    > On Wed, 28 May 2008 04:47:45 -0400, Cuphea Ignea wrote:
    >>
    >> There are plug ins and you have not seen Crystal Skull to know what
    >> you are talking about.

    > You are a moron. I am entrenched in the pre-press world -- I have
    > been since the mid-80s -- and GIMP has no place here.

    GIMP has a place where PHOTOSHOP is afraid to tread. There is nothing
    PHOTOSHOP can do that GIMP does not do as well or best.

    --
    http://www.as7apcool.com/

  12. Re: Linux Market Share Facts

    In article
    ,
    Edwin wrote:

    > On May 26, 10:00*am, Alan Baker wrote:
    > > In article
    > > ,
    > >

    > > *Edwin wrote:

    > > > No, I don't share your shortcomings, not your unfamilarity with the
    > > > word "mostly," and even more so not your shockingly low reading
    > > > comprehension that keeps you from understanding how I address the
    > > > whole of ZnU's post with my remark.

    > > Then if you understand the word, you must have understood that by using
    > > it, Znu was explicitly saying that there were items on that list that
    > > were *not* "apps in fields where proprietary Unix operating systems once
    > > reigned". That makes your instistence that he show something is what he
    > > already undertands it is not very odd.

    > Everybody understands that you're a pedantic moron. There's no need
    > for you to keep hammering that point home.

    LOL

    You can't understand what "mostly" means and I become a "pedantic moron"?

    LO
    --
    "The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
    "I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone

  13. Re: Linux Market Share Facts

    In article
    ,
    Edwin wrote:

    > On May 26, 10:10*am, Alan Baker wrote:
    > > In article
    > > <7d6c140e-ce39-4b76-88c0-bb7f4e652...@a70g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>,
    > >

    > > *Edwin wrote:

    > > > "Microsoft Silverlight is a cross-browser, cross-platform, and cross-
    > > > device plug-in for delivering the next generation of .NET based media
    > > > experiences and rich interactive applications for the Web. "

    > > >http://silverlight.net/

    > > > Yes, folks, both Sandman and ZnU are stupid and dishonest enough to
    > > > dismiss a thing without having the foggest idea of what it is.

    > > Despite the marketing hype in which it is written, the quote agrees with
    > > what Znu said.

    > Yes, folks, Alan Baker really is stupid enough to make an idiotic and
    > futile attempt to cover up the stupidity of Sandman and ZnU. It's a
    > service he provides for other stupid Mac Advocates, even though it
    > never succeeds.

    By all means: explain how what I wrote differs from reality.

    It's a browser plug-in, Edwin. Like Flash. Nothing more.

    --
    "The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
    "I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone
    "It is Mac OS X, not BSD.' -- 'From Mac OS to BSD Unix." -- "It's BSD Unix with Apple's APIs and GUI on top of it' -- 'nothing but BSD Unix' (Edwin on Mac OS X)
    '[The IBM PC] could boot multiple OS, such as DOS, C/PM, GEM, etc.' --
    'I claimed nothing about GEM other than it was available software for the
    IBM PC. (Edwin on GEM)
    'Solaris is just a marketing rename of Sun OS.' -- 'Sun OS is not included
    on the timeline of Solaris because it's a different OS.' (Edwin on Sun)

  14. Re: Linux Market Share Facts

    Alan Baker wrote:
    > In article
    > ,
    > Edwin wrote:
    >
    >> On May 26, 10:10 am, Alan Baker wrote:
    >>> In article
    >>> <7d6c140e-ce39-4b76-88c0-bb7f4e652...@a70g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>,

    >>> Despite the marketing hype in which it is written, the quote agrees with
    >>> what Znu said.

    >> Yes, folks, Alan Baker really is stupid enough to make an idiotic and
    >> futile attempt to cover up the stupidity of Sandman and ZnU. It's a
    >> service he provides for other stupid Mac Advocates, even though it
    >> never succeeds.

    > By all means: explain how what I wrote differs from reality.
    >
    > It's a browser plug-in, Edwin. Like Flash. Nothing more.

    Edwin doesn't have to explain the difference between what you wrote and
    reality. You just provided the explanation yourself.

  15. Re: Linux Market Share Facts

    George Graves wrote:
    > On Wed, 28 May 2008 18:41:58 -0700, Tim Murray wrote
    > (in article ):

    >>> How many times do I have to say that I have USED BOTH GIMP and PHOTOSHOP
    >>> and
    >>> GIMP doesn't support CMYK color separations and I CANNOT USE IT FOR PRINT
    >>> WORK. How many times do I have to say that I don't care what GIMP does in
    >>> the
    >>> RGB space because RGB is not used in Pre-Press!

    >> But you need to try it.
    >>
    >> (Sorry. Couldn't resist.)
    >>

    > Rightttttt!

    Try pronouncing that word you wrote, George. Say "right" and stretch
    out the ending "t" sound.

  16. Re: Linux Market Share Facts

    "Sgt. Friday" wrote in message
    > George Graves wrote:
    >> On Wed, 28 May 2008 18:41:58 -0700, Tim Murray wrote
    >> (in article ):

    >>> But you need to try it.
    >>>
    >>> (Sorry. Couldn't resist.)
    >>>

    >> Rightttttt!

    > Try pronouncing that word you wrote, George. Say "right" and stretch
    > out the ending "t" sound.

    He avoids GIMP like the plague because it does not have the name behind them
    that PHOTOSHOP does.

    --
    http://www.as7apcool.com/

  17. Re: Linux Market Share Facts

    "Cuphea Ignea" wrote in message
    > "Sgt. Friday" wrote in message
    >> George Graves wrote:
    >>> On Wed, 28 May 2008 18:41:58 -0700, Tim Murray wrote
    >>> (in article ):

    >>> Rightttttt!

    >> Try pronouncing that word you wrote, George. Say "right" and stretch
    >> out the ending "t" sound.

    > He avoids GIMP like the plague because it does not have the name behind
    > them that PHOTOSHOP does.

    Most likely he, like nearly most people, ignore GIMP because it has a
    retarded UI and is amateur slopware that was hastily thrown together and is
    not nearly as good or as intuitive as quality applications.

  18. Re: Linux Market Share Facts

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Cuphea Ignea

    wrote
    on Thu, 29 May 2008 18:56:49 -0400
    :
    > "Sgt. Friday" wrote in message
    >> George Graves wrote:
    >>> On Wed, 28 May 2008 18:41:58 -0700, Tim Murray wrote
    >>> (in article ):

    >>> Rightttttt!

    >> Try pronouncing that word you wrote, George. Say "right" and stretch
    >> out the ending "t" sound.

    > He avoids GIMP like the plague because it does not have the name behind them
    > that PHOTOSHOP does.

    Well, lessee...it's not difficult to specify a color
    for drawing using CMYK, but it doesn't come with a CMYK
    plugin (though one is available, apparently). There is a
    "print simulation" mode of operation in Preferences color
    management, plus loading of various RGB CMYK, and monitor
    profiles (I have no idea precisely what these do).

    A crude simulation of CMY might be had by switching off
    one of the red, green, or blue channels in a Layers dialog;
    K might be simulated by switching to grayscale. I rather
    doubt this will do anything regarding such esoterica as
    silkscreening and Pantone color matching, but I'm not that
    familiar with Photoshop or GIMP.

    (This is gimp 2.4.2, BTW, freshly built on my Gentoo system.)

    For what it's worth.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Error 16: Not enough space on file system to delete file(s)

  19. Re: Linux Market Share Facts

    In article <17fc8$483ea0d3$9938@news.teranews.com>,
    "Sgt. Friday" wrote:

    > Alan Baker wrote:
    > > In article
    > > ,
    > > Edwin wrote:

    > >> Yes, folks, Alan Baker really is stupid enough to make an idiotic and
    > >> futile attempt to cover up the stupidity of Sandman and ZnU. It's a
    > >> service he provides for other stupid Mac Advocates, even though it
    > >> never succeeds.

    > > By all means: explain how what I wrote differs from reality.
    > >
    > > It's a browser plug-in, Edwin. Like Flash. Nothing more.

    > Edwin doesn't have to explain the difference between what you wrote and
    > reality. You just provided the explanation yourself.

    Please, Edwin: this latest sockpuppet is already busted.

    --
    "The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
    "I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone
    "It is Mac OS X, not BSD.' -- 'From Mac OS to BSD Unix." -- "It's BSD Unix with Apple's APIs and GUI on top of it' -- 'nothing but BSD Unix' (Edwin on Mac OS X)
    '[The IBM PC] could boot multiple OS, such as DOS, C/PM, GEM, etc.' --
    'I claimed nothing about GEM other than it was available software for the
    IBM PC. (Edwin on GEM)
    'Solaris is just a marketing rename of Sun OS.' -- 'Sun OS is not included
    on the timeline of Solaris because it's a different OS.' (Edwin on Sun)

  20. Re: Linux Market Share Facts

    On Thu, 29 May 2008 19:03:41 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

    > "Cuphea Ignea" wrote in message
    >> "Sgt. Friday" wrote in message

    >>> Try pronouncing that word you wrote, George. Say "right" and stretch
    >>> out the ending "t" sound.
    >>>
    >>> ** Posted from http://www.teranews.com **

    >> He avoids GIMP like the plague because it does not have the name behind
    >> them that PHOTOSHOP does.
    >>

    > Most likely he, like nearly most people, ignore GIMP because it has a
    > retarded UI

    People that start out on Gimp don't seem to think so.

    > and is amateur slopware

    .... in your bigoted opinion.

    > that was hastily thrown together

    Years is not hastily.

    > and
    > is not nearly as good or as intuitive as quality applications.

    It is a quality application.

    --
    Rick