Mac Market Share Facts - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Mac Market Share Facts - Microsoft Windows ; "ZnU" wrote in message news:znu-F5DF83.03093526052008@news.individual.net > In article , > "Cuphea Ignea" wrote: > >> ZnU splattered upon for all to feel: >>> In article , >>> Sandman wrote: > >>>> Edwin will now explain how one application is any ...

  1. Re: Linux Market Share Facts

    "ZnU" wrote in message
    > In article ,
    > "Cuphea Ignea" wrote:
    >
    >> ZnU splattered upon for all to feel:

    >>> Silverlight isn't even an application, it's a browser plug-in.

    >> Have you seen the icon? Do you have any idea what you are talking
    >> about?

    > http://silverlight.net/
    >
    > "Microsoft Silverlight is a cross-browser, cross-platform, and
    > cross-device plug-in for delivering the next generation of .NET based
    > media experiences and rich interactive applications for the Web."

    "Light up the Web." "Click to install."

    --
    http://www.as7apcool.com/

  2. Re: Linux Market Share Facts

    In article ,
    "Cuphea Ignea" wrote:

    > "ZnU" wrote in message
    > > In article , "Cuphea Ignea"
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > >> "ZnU" wrote in message

    > >> I tried to ignore the fact that you did not answer my question but
    > >> I failed. Features. Features. Do you not understand what I mean?

    > > It's useless.

    > I have used it so it can not be useless.

    I meant that a feature-by-feature comparison is useless.

    > > You want to compare bullet points. It doesn't work like that. Your
    > > response to George about CMYK is a perfect example. You've found a
    > > bullet point that says GIMP supports CMYK. But there's a huge
    > > difference between outputting CMYK and natively supporting it. You
    > > don't understand what that difference is, because you've barely got
    > > a clue what CMYK is for and have probably never worked with a CMYK
    > > image.

    > I have not said what my experience is nor shall I defend myself to a
    > make beleive artist such as you!

    In other words, you barely understand what I'm talking about because you
    have no experience in this field.

    --
    "More than two decades later, it is hard to imagine the Revolutionary War coming
    out any other way."

  3. Re: Linux Market Share Facts

    In article ,
    "Cuphea Ignea" wrote:

    > "ZnU" wrote in message
    > > In article ,
    > > "Cuphea Ignea" wrote:
    > >
    > >> ZnU splattered upon for all to feel:

    > >> Have you seen the icon? Do you have any idea what you are talking
    > >> about?

    > > http://silverlight.net/
    > >
    > > "Microsoft Silverlight is a cross-browser, cross-platform, and
    > > cross-device plug-in for delivering the next generation of .NET based
    > > media experiences and rich interactive applications for the Web."

    > "Light up the Web." "Click to install."

    "Incoherent"

    --
    "More than two decades later, it is hard to imagine the Revolutionary War coming
    out any other way."
    * * * * * * * * * * * * --George W. Bush in Martinsburg, W. Va., July 4, 2007

  4. Re: Linux Market Share Facts

    "ZnU" wrote in message
    > In article ,
    > "Cuphea Ignea" wrote:
    >
    >> "ZnU" wrote in message

    >>> It's useless.

    >> I have used it so it can not be useless.

    > I meant that a feature-by-feature comparison is useless.

    Software IS features. Name one title that has no features.

    >>> You want to compare bullet points. It doesn't work like that. Your
    >>> response to George about CMYK is a perfect example. You've found a
    >>> bullet point that says GIMP supports CMYK. But there's a huge
    >>> difference between outputting CMYK and natively supporting it. You
    >>> don't understand what that difference is, because you've barely got
    >>> a clue what CMYK is for and have probably never worked with a CMYK
    >>> image.

    >> I have not said what my experience is nor shall I defend myself to a
    >> make beleive artist such as you!

    > In other words, you barely understand what I'm talking about because
    > you have no experience in this field.

    I understand you said about me what you do not know. Do you even know the
    history of CMYK? Do you know what Colour Filemark is? Talk about how that
    relates to Photoshop.
    --
    http://www.as7apcool.com/

  5. Re: Linux Market Share Facts

    "ZnU" wrote in message
    > In article ,
    > "Cuphea Ignea" wrote:
    >
    >> "ZnU" wrote in message

    >>> http://silverlight.net/
    >>>
    >>> "Microsoft Silverlight is a cross-browser, cross-platform, and
    >>> cross-device plug-in for delivering the next generation of .NET
    >>> based media experiences and rich interactive applications for the
    >>> Web."

    >> "Light up the Web." "Click to install."

    > "Incoherent"

    "You have chosen to open Silverlight.2.0.exe"

    Understand now or is your web still dark?
    --
    http://www.as7apcool.com/

  6. Re: Linux Market Share Facts

    In article , "Cuphea Ignea"
    wrote:

    > > > Cuphea Ignea:
    > > > Cuphea Ignea: Have you seen the icon? Do you have any idea what
    > > > you are talking about?

    > > Sandman:
    > > Are you saying it IS an application based on the appearance of the
    > > *icon*?

    > Cuphea Ignea:
    > Are you saying it IS NOT?

    Yep. And I take your question as admittance that whether or not a
    given code is an application or not can be determined on the
    appearance of its icon.

    Allow me to snicker.

    --
    Sandman[.net]

  7. Re: Linux Market Share Facts

    "Sandman" wrote in message

    >>> Sandman:
    >>> Are you saying it IS an application based on the appearance of the
    >>> *icon*?

    >> Cuphea Ignea:
    >> Are you saying it IS NOT?

    > Yep.

    How can you tell it is not an application based on its icon?

    "You have chosen to open Silverlight.2.0.exe"

    Understand now or is your web still dark?

    > And I take your question as admittance that whether or not a
    > given code is an application or not can be determined on the
    > appearance of its icon.

    I do not agree to your view and would not 'admit' to it.

    > Allow me to snicker.

    Allow me to blow my nose on your sleeve.

    --
    http://www.as7apcool.com/

  8. Re: Linux Market Share Facts

    In article , "Cuphea Ignea"
    wrote:

    > > > Cuphea Ignea:
    > > > ZnU splattered upon for all to feel:

    > > > Cuphea Ignea:
    > > > GIMP is more than enough for most people, even professionals.
    > > > What features of Photoshop do you think GIMP is missing? What
    > > > is lacking is there are plug ins for plus it is more
    > > > configurable and scriptable and it is open source so if you like
    > > > to add a feature or change a feature nothng is stopping you.

    > > ZnU:
    > > Yup, this thread is taking precisely the same course as all the
    > > other Linux app threads. We've reached the stage where Linux
    > > advocates who have no idea what they're talking about insist that
    > > apps are equivalent when essentially no professional user
    > > considers them so. I don't want to start picking apart the feature
    > > lists in question, because they're long. So I'll simply note that
    > > in 10 years in various content creation industries, I have never
    > > seen GIMP used as a Photoshop alternative in a professional
    > > setting. Not a single time.

    > Cuphea Ignea:
    > I tried to ignore the fact that you did not answer my question but I
    > failed. Features. Features. Do you not understand what I mean?

    Instead of comparing spec sheets, why not point to the thousands upon
    thousand of professional users who have switched to free gimp from
    expensive photoshop?

    What use are spec sheets if it isn't being used?

    --
    Sandman[.net]

  9. Re: Linux Market Share Facts

    In article , "Cuphea Ignea"
    wrote:

    > > > Cuphea Ignea:
    > > > Are you saying it IS NOT?

    > > Tim Murray:
    > > I think it's more like "an icon doth not an application make."
    > > But anyway, it's a plug-in for .Net-based media.

    > Cuphea Ignea:
    > Why Sandman talk about the icon making it an application? An icon
    > can mean many things to different people from all sorts of
    > cultures.

    You're the one claiming that whether an executable is an application
    can be determined by looking at its icon. Hehe.

    --
    Sandman[.net]

  10. Re: Linux Market Share Facts

    "Sandman" wrote in message

    >>> Tim Murray:
    >>> I think it's more like "an icon doth not an application make."
    >>> But anyway, it's a plug-in for .Net-based media.

    >> Cuphea Ignea:
    >> Why Sandman talk about the icon making it an application? An icon
    >> can mean many things to different people from all sorts of
    >> cultures.

    > You're the one claiming that whether an executable is an application
    > can be determined by looking at its icon. Hehe.

    Do you speak for your mother or let her say no?

    --
    http://www.as7apcool.com/

  11. Re: Linux Market Share Facts

    "Sandman" wrote in message

    >>> ZnU:
    >>> Yup, this thread is taking precisely the same course as all the
    >>> other Linux app threads. We've reached the stage where Linux
    >>> advocates who have no idea what they're talking about insist that
    >>> apps are equivalent when essentially no professional user
    >>> considers them so. I don't want to start picking apart the feature
    >>> lists in question, because they're long. So I'll simply note that
    >>> in 10 years in various content creation industries, I have never
    >>> seen GIMP used as a Photoshop alternative in a professional
    >>> setting. Not a single time.

    >> Cuphea Ignea:
    >> I tried to ignore the fact that you did not answer my question but I
    >> failed. Features. Features. Do you not understand what I mean?

    > Instead of comparing spec sheets, why not point to the thousands upon
    > thousand of professional users who have switched to free gimp from
    > expensive photoshop?
    >
    > What use are spec sheets if it isn't being used?

    Features. Features. Do you not understand what I mean?

    --
    http://www.as7apcool.com/

  12. Re: Linux Market Share Facts

    In article , "Cuphea Ignea"
    wrote:

    > > > Cuphea Ignea:
    > > > I have not said what my experience is nor shall I defend myself
    > > > to a make beleive artist such as you!

    > > ZnU:
    > > In other words, you barely understand what I'm talking about
    > > because you have no experience in this field.

    > Cuphea Ignea:
    > I understand you said about me what you do not know. Do you even
    > know the history of CMYK? Do you know what Colour Filemark is?
    > Talk about how that relates to Photoshop.

    Ahaaa, now I get it!

    *plonk*

    --
    Sandman[.net]

  13. Re: Linux Market Share Facts

    "Sandman" wrote in message

    >>> ZnU:
    >>> In other words, you barely understand what I'm talking about
    >>> because you have no experience in this field.

    >> Cuphea Ignea:
    >> I understand you said about me what you do not know. Do you even
    >> know the history of CMYK? Do you know what Colour Filemark is?
    >> Talk about how that relates to Photoshop.

    > Ahaaa, now I get it!
    >
    > *plonk*

    You will get it if you try.

    --
    http://www.as7apcool.com/

  14. Re: Linux Market Share Facts

    ZnU splattered upon for all to feel:
    > In article <4S_Zj.19789$255.15895@bignews8.bellsouth.net>,
    > Linonut wrote:
    >
    >> * ZnU peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >>
    >>> This is what I've been saying for years. Linux has some decent apps
    >>> for very common desktop tasks like web browsing, word processing
    >>> and e-mail. And it has a scattering of high-end apps from markets
    >>> where Unix used to be popular, like high-end 3D. But that's about
    >>> it. And that's not enough to make it a viable operating system for
    >>> demanding users, unless they happen to be in certain very specific
    >>> fields.

    >> Get back with us when you've evaluated all of the applications in
    >> this partial list of commercial applications, circa 2005:
    >>
    >> http://www.yolinux.com/TUTORIALS/Lin...lications.html

    > Well, I can't speak for everyone in all fields. But I don't see
    > plausible replacements for Final Cut Pro or Photoshop on that list.
    >
    > [snip]

    GIMP is more than enough for most people, even professionals. What features
    of Photoshop do you think GIMP is missing? What is lacking is there are
    plug ins for plus it is more configurable and scriptable and it is open
    source so if you like to add a feature or change a feature nothng is
    stopping you.

    --
    http://www.as7apcool.com/

  15. Re: Linux Market Share Facts

    "Cuphea Ignea" writes:

    > "ZnU" wrote in message
    >> In article ,
    >> "Cuphea Ignea" wrote:
    >>
    >>> "ZnU" wrote in message

    >>> I tried to ignore the fact that you did not answer my question but I
    >>> failed. Features. Features. Do you not understand what I mean?

    >> It's useless.

    > I have used it so it can not be useless.

    You sound like Rick where everything Linux/OSS "meets his needs". When
    we discovered his "needs" everyone had a good chuckle.

  16. Re: Linux Market Share Facts

    On Mon, 26 May 2008 10:58:21 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > "Cuphea Ignea" writes:
    >
    >> "ZnU" wrote in message

    >>> It's useless.

    >> I have used it so it can not be useless.

    > You sound like Rick where everything Linux/OSS "meets his needs". When
    > we discovered his "needs" everyone had a good chuckle.

    See... and you ask why people doubt your honesty.
    Again, for me, WP, SS, scanning, image editing, printing, listening to
    audio (streaming and CD), watching video (streaming and VCD/DVD) web
    server, ftp server...

    And, I suppose you laugh at the needs of Largo, the needs of Chicago, the
    needs of Hollywood studios, Google, IBM, Novell.... and the list goes on.

    --
    Rick

  17. Re: Linux Market Share Facts

    On Mon, 26 May 2008 09:57:07 +0200, Sandman wrote:

    >> > ZnU:
    >> > Yup, this thread is taking precisely the same course as all the other
    >> > Linux app threads. We've reached the stage where Linux advocates who
    >> > have no idea what they're talking about insist that apps are
    >> > equivalent when essentially no professional user considers them so. I
    >> > don't want to start picking apart the feature lists in question,
    >> > because they're long. So I'll simply note that in 10 years in various
    >> > content creation industries, I have never seen GIMP used as a
    >> > Photoshop alternative in a professional setting. Not a single time.

    >> Cuphea Ignea:
    >> I tried to ignore the fact that you did not answer my question but I
    >> failed. Features. Features. Do you not understand what I mean?

    > Instead of comparing spec sheets, why not point to the thousands upon
    > thousand of professional users who have switched to free gimp from
    > expensive photoshop?
    >
    > What use are spec sheets if it isn't being used?

    Well, Gimp was forked to Cinepaint, and that has been used in Hollywood.
    Wine was also used to run Photoshop under Linux in Hollywood.

    --
    Rick

  18. Re: Linux Market Share Facts

    * ZnU peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > In article <4S_Zj.19789$255.15895@bignews8.bellsouth.net>,
    > Linonut wrote:
    >
    >> * ZnU peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >>
    >> > This is what I've been saying for years. Linux has some decent apps for
    >> > very common desktop tasks like web browsing, word processing and e-mail.
    >> > And it has a scattering of high-end apps from markets where Unix used to
    >> > be popular, like high-end 3D. But that's about it. And that's not enough
    >> > to make it a viable operating system for demanding users, unless they
    >> > happen to be in certain very specific fields.

    >> Get back with us when you've evaluated all of the applications in this
    >> partial list of commercial applications, circa 2005:
    >>
    >> http://www.yolinux.com/TUTORIALS/Lin...lications.html

    > Well, I can't speak for everyone in all fields. But I don't see
    > plausible replacements for Final Cut Pro or Photoshop on that list.

    Fair enough. But take note that you may have moved the goalpost, since
    you were originally talking about "desktops", and now your talking about
    "photo studios". (If I'm misremembering your original postings, please
    forgive me.)

    In any case, thanks to a motivated user (Disney, I believe), we can now
    run Photoshop on WINE to get that last little bit of functionality that
    apparently GIMP does not have. (Personally, GIMP has been much much
    more tnan /I/ need.)

    But with major studios pushing Linux hard (even if their apps are often
    in-house, un-shared projects), I wouldn't expect this situation to last
    forever.

    --
    Microsoft looks at new ideas, they don't evaluate whether the idea will move
    the industry forward, they ask, 'how will it help us sell more copies of

  19. Re: Linux Market Share Facts

    On May 24, 5:12*pm, Rick wrote:
    > On Sat, 24 May 2008 14:24:52 -0700, Edwin wrote:

    > > [snip]

    > >> .. and you think you have any credibility posting from teranews, and
    > >> with the handle of Sgt. Friday?

    > > What kind of "credibility" does he need to make a joke, Rick (the BONK)?

    > Oh, look, the Eddies are trying to make some kind of point.

    There's no point sharp enough to penetrate your rock-hard cranium.

    > Maybe they
    > should take their medication.

    You ought to find and take a medication that cures mental retardation.

  20. Re: Linux Market Share Facts

    On May 25, 11:48*pm, ZnU wrote:
    > In article ,
    >

    > *Sandman wrote:
    > > In article
    > > <2ada85ff-006f-42e6-8cae-b325c6007...@z66g2000hsc.googlegroups.com>,

    > > > Edwin:
    > > > ZnU will now explain how Microsoft Silverlight for Linux comprises
    > > > an old Unix application from a "very specific field."

    > > Edwin will now explain how one application is any sign of a trend.

    > Silverlight isn't even an application, it's a browser plug-in.

    "Microsoft Silverlight is a cross-browser, cross-platform, and cross-
    device plug-in for delivering the next generation of .NET based media
    experiences and rich interactive applications for the Web. "

    http://silverlight.net/

    Yes, folks, both Sandman and ZnU are stupid and dishonest enough to
    dismiss a thing without having the foggest idea of what it is.