The Chart Says It All - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on The Chart Says It All - Microsoft Windows ; http://www.systemshootouts.org/image...t_share_lg.gif The Mac's Decade of Woe....

  1. The Chart Says It All

  2. Re: The Chart Says It All

    "Edwin" wrote in message

    > http://www.systemshootouts.org/image...t_share_lg.gif
    >

    > The Mac's Decade of Woe.

    Interesting, a 20% loss over the last eight years.

  3. Re: The Chart Says It All

    On Sun, 18 May 2008 12:31:26 -0400, Edwin wrote:

    > http://www.systemshootouts.org/image...t_share_lg.gif
    >

    > The Mac's Decade of Woe.

    And this chart speaks loudly:
    http://www.systemshootouts.org/?q=ta...term/22&page=2

  4. Re: The Chart Says It All

    On Sun, 18 May 2008 09:31:26 -0700, Edwin wrote:

    > http://www.systemshootouts.org/image...t_share_lg.gif
    >

    > The Mac's Decade of Woe.

    Are you freakin brain damaged, or are you taking your need to be despised
    to other groups?

    --
    Rick

  5. Re: The Chart Says It All

    "Edwin" stated in post
    e2c0f6df-655e-413e-8c64-d21dfdcf9dcf...oglegroups.com on 5/18/08
    9:31 AM:

    > http://www.systemshootouts.org/image...t_share_lg.gif
    >

    > The Mac's Decade of Woe.

    Yup, Apple has gone through some hard times... even at below 2% market share
    for a while... good to see them above 3% and rising... though as long as
    they are not at risk of going out of business and as long as they keep
    innovating and making excellent products as they do, frankly their market
    share does not mean much to me. Still, it would be wonderful to see them
    push around 10% US market share... something I did not think they had a
    chance to do but now seems quite possible.

    --
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do
    nothing. - Unknown

  6. Re: The Chart Says It All

    * Edwin peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > http://www.systemshootouts.org/image...t_share_lg.gif
    >
    > The Mac's Decade of Woe.

    This is a Linux NG, Hortense.

    Besides, the graphic shows Mac coming back.

    I wouldn't place a lot of credence in that graphic, by the way. It
    doesn't explain "market share" in any shape form or fashion. In order
    to tally "market share", you have to explain both your "market" and what
    is meant by "share".

    --
    Life is not fair; get used to it.
    -- Bill Gates

  7. Re: The Chart Says It All

    "Linonut" stated in post
    Rs_Xj.7199$Kk3.5447@bignews9.bellsouth.net on 5/18/08 11:23 AM:

    > * Edwin peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> http://www.systemshootouts.org/image...t_share_lg.gif
    >>
    >> The Mac's Decade of Woe.

    > This is a Linux NG, Hortense.
    >
    > Besides, the graphic shows Mac coming back.
    >
    > I wouldn't place a lot of credence in that graphic, by the way. It
    > doesn't explain "market share" in any shape form or fashion. In order
    > to tally "market share", you have to explain both your "market" and what
    > is meant by "share".

    Also, why compare OS X to Windows only and not Macs to other hardware?

    --
    Look, this is silly. It's not an argument, it's an armor plated walrus with
    walnut paneling and an all leather interior.

  8. Re: The Chart Says It All

    In article
    ,
    Edwin wrote:

    > http://www.systemshootouts.org/image...t_share_lg.gif
    >

    > The Mac's Decade of Woe.

    Edwin's fear is palpable. You can feel it in every post...
    8^)

    --
    Dave Fritzinger
    Honolulu, HI

  9. Re: The Chart Says It All

    In article , Linonut
    wrote:

    > I wouldn't place a lot of credence in that graphic, by the way. It
    > doesn't explain "market share" in any shape form or fashion. In order
    > to tally "market share", you have to explain both your "market" and what
    > is meant by "share".

    Boy, are you writing to the wrong guy.

    Edwin shows he has no idea what any of that means, nor why it would
    apply. He still hasn't any idea why it matters -- can't even describe
    to us why we should be concerned with market share.

    He merely knows it is something that Mac has little of, and that people
    discuss it. Beyond that, he cannot tell us why it would matter.

  10. Re: The Chart Says It All

    In article
    ,
    Edwin wrote:

    > http://www.systemshootouts.org/image...t_share_lg.gif
    >

    > The Mac's Decade of Woe.

    Or the Mac's four years of growth.

    --
    "The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
    "I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone

  11. Re: The Chart Says It All

    In article ,
    "weedhopper" wrote:

    > "Edwin" wrote in message
    > >
    > > http://www.systemshootouts.org/image...t_share_lg.gif
    > >

    > > The Mac's Decade of Woe.

    > Interesting, a 20% loss over the last eight years.

    But a more than 50% gain over the last four.

    --
    "The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
    "I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone
    "It is Mac OS X, not BSD.' -- 'From Mac OS to BSD Unix." -- "It's BSD Unix with Apple's APIs and GUI on top of it' -- 'nothing but BSD Unix' (Edwin on Mac OS X)
    '[The IBM PC] could boot multiple OS, such as DOS, C/PM, GEM, etc.' --
    'I claimed nothing about GEM other than it was available software for the
    IBM PC. (Edwin on GEM)
    'Solaris is just a marketing rename of Sun OS.' -- 'Sun OS is not included
    on the timeline of Solaris because it's a different OS.' (Edwin on Sun)

  12. Re: The Chart Says It All

    "Alan Baker" wrote in message
    > In article
    > ,
    > Edwin wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.systemshootouts.org/image...t_share_lg.gif
    >>

    >> The Mac's Decade of Woe.

    > Or the Mac's four years of growth.

    Or the macs three decades of growth. 3% and holding.

  13. Re: The Chart Says It All

    On Tue, 20 May 2008 05:39:31 GMT, Alan Baker wrote:

    > In article
    > ,
    > Edwin wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.systemshootouts.org/image...t_share_lg.gif
    >>

    >> The Mac's Decade of Woe.

    > Or the Mac's four years of growth.

    In my travels I see a LOT of Macs which is something I have not seen in the
    past.

    The Mac vs PC commercials claim the Macs are the most popular notebooks on
    college campuses.
    I don't know how they reach that conclusion, I would have thought Dell, but
    there must be some truth in it?

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots: