Global Computer Market quarter by quarter - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Global Computer Market quarter by quarter - Microsoft Windows ; Moshe Goldfarb (flatfish) in real life Gary Stewart http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2008/...arb-troll.html http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2007/...ish-troll.html Traits: * Nym shifting (see below) * Self confessed thief and proud of it * Homophobic * Racist * Habitual liar * Frequently cross posts replies to other non-Linux related ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 63

  1. Re: Global Computer Market quarter by quarter

    Traits:

    * Nym shifting (see below)
    * Self confessed thief and proud of it
    * Homophobic
    * Racist
    * Habitual liar

    ! Don Zeigler

  2. Re: Mac market share STAGNANT about TEN YEARS [was Re: GlobalComputer Market quarter by quarter]

    On May 18, 3:43*pm, David Fritzinger wrote:
    > In article
    > ,
    >

    > *Edwin wrote:
    > > On May 17, 9:23*pm, David Fritzinger wrote:
    > > > In article
    > > > ,

    > > > Edwin, why does it bother you so much that the Mac market share is
    > > > increasing?

    > > Why is it still at ~3% if it's increasing?

    > Um, because it had dropped below 3%? Now it is increasing. Indeed, using
    > the figures you provided, it has increased by 33% in the last year.

    IOW, it's fluctuated above an below 3%, and you're demonstrating why
    Maccies have spent years yelling about Mac growth with Mac market
    share still stuck around 3%.

    Dropping down below 3%, then rising slightly above 3%, then falling
    below 3% is not "growth." It is a net gain of zero.

    > > > It's not like Windows is going to be eclipsed any time soon,

    > > No, it's not.

    > Well, you finally got something right...

    Yet another of umpteen times a kook like you has told me I "finally
    got something right." It's akin to the umpteen times I've been told
    I was "right for once."

    > > > so why are you so worried?

    > > Does projecting your worry into me help to soothe your dark soul?

    > I'm not worried.

    Sure you are.

    > Why should I be?

    You fear for your stock dividends.

    > The company that makes the computer
    > operating system I prefer is thriving.

    The company that puts cash into your pocket is thriving.

    > You, however, seem very worried.
    > Why?

    Why are you asking me to explain your delusions?

    > > > To quote Edwin (or was it Glorb? Or perhaps Mr. X? Or, maybe it was
    > > > Hasta la Vista?) "Your fear is palpable."

    > > Fear of what?

    > You tell me. You are the one who is acting like he (or is that they) is
    > afraid.

    Again you demand I explain your delusions.

  3. Re: Global Computer Market quarter by quarter

    On May 18, 12:16*pm, Sandman wrote:
    > In article
    > ,

    > > I see you lack the intelligence necessary to produce an answer.

    > The answer was below, but to answer you directly, the growth was an
    > impressive 188%! Q1 1999 Apple sold 800,000 Macs and in Q1 2008 they
    > sold a whopping 2,300,000 Macs which is an increase of 188% !

    Your stupidity-generated answer treats Apple as a world unto itself,
    ignoring what a small fraction of the total market they've always
    had. IOW, in the world of fleas, Apple is one hell of a flea. Up
    above the microscopic level, Apple was insignificant, is
    insignificant, and will always be insignificant, despite what Apple
    sycophants believe.

    > > > 3% of 1999 market to 3% of the 2008 market is an incredible growth in
    > > > matters of units sold as well!

    > > It's always a tiny fraction of the whole market.

    > But loads and loads of units and revenue.

    Good for stockholders. Not good for the people who bore the cost of
    paying those high margins.

    > > > So not only is the market *SHARE*
    > > > growing year over year, the number of units sold is incredibly higher
    > > > decade over decade.

    > > You're living in a Fool's Paradise:

    > >http://www.systemshootouts.org/image...t_share_lg.gif

    > You do realise that that chart supports what I just said, no?

    I realize you have to be out of your mind to make such a claim.

  4. Re: Mac market share STAGNANT about TEN YEARS [was Re: Global Computer Market quarter by quarter]

    In article
    <4c10888f-4059-4ae6-9fb8-b6645daf3ec2@f63g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>,
    Edwin wrote:

    > > > Why is it still at ~3% if it's increasing?

    > > Um, because it had dropped below 3%? Now it is increasing. Indeed, using
    > > the figures you provided, it has increased by 33% in the last year.

    > IOW, it's fluctuated above an below 3%, and you're demonstrating why
    > Maccies have spent years yelling about Mac growth with Mac market
    > share still stuck around 3%.

    The shares rises and fals, these Maccies presumably mentions it when
    it is rising, such as now. I don't think any Maccie has been "yelling"
    about Mac growth unless there was some at the time of "yelling".

    > Dropping down below 3%, then rising slightly above 3%, then falling
    > below 3% is not "growth." It is a net gain of zero.

    Actually, the units sold in the same time period has grown by a
    whopping 188%. That's growth indeed.

    > > > Does projecting your worry into me help to soothe your dark soul?

    > > I'm not worried.

    > Sure you are.
    >
    > > Why should I be?

    > You fear for your stock dividends.

    Why would an Apple shareholder be worried? The Apple share seems to be
    doing really good. Take a look at a stock chart for Apple from 1999 to
    2008 and get back to us.

    --
    Sandman[.net]

  5. Re: Global Computer Market quarter by quarter

    In article
    <51d8b523-16e4-4212-b3f5-b67cc295eb3c@24g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>,
    Edwin wrote:

    > > > I see you lack the intelligence necessary to produce an answer.

    > > The answer was below, but to answer you directly, the growth was an
    > > impressive 188%! Q1 1999 Apple sold 800,000 Macs and in Q1 2008 they
    > > sold a whopping 2,300,000 Macs which is an increase of 188% !

    > Your stupidity-generated answer treats Apple as a world unto itself,
    > ignoring what a small fraction of the total market they've always
    > had.

    With a 188% growth I don't think Apple cares much about the market.
    Neither do I. Why is it so important to you? I mean, you'd have a
    point if Apple was failing, on the brink of bankruptcy. But they're
    doing great, selling like never before, making tons and tons of cash,
    worth more than Dell and so on...

    > IOW, in the world of fleas, Apple is one hell of a flea. Up
    > above the microscopic level, Apple was insignificant, is
    > insignificant, and will always be insignificant, despite what Apple
    > sycophants believe.

    I would love for my company to be as insignificant as Apple, who has
    the worlds second most recognizable brand and is worth more than Dell
    and has every hardware manufacturer trying to copy its products.

    > > > It's always a tiny fraction of the whole market.

    > > But loads and loads of units and revenue.

    > Good for stockholders. Not good for the people who bore the cost of
    > paying those high margins.

    What high margins?

    > > >http://www.systemshootouts.org/image...t_share_lg.gif

    > > You do realise that that chart supports what I just said, no?

    > I realize you have to be out of your mind to make such a claim.

    That chart clearly illustrate that year over year market share is
    growing. Q1 2008 is larger than Q1 2007.

    --
    Sandman[.net]

  6. Re: Global Computer Market quarter by quarter

    On May 18, 5:08*pm, Sandman wrote:
    > In article
    > <51d8b523-16e4-4212-b3f5-b67cc295e...@24g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>,

    > > > The answer was below, but to answer you directly, the growth was an
    > > > impressive 188%! Q1 1999 Apple sold 800,000 Macs and in Q1 2008 they
    > > > sold a whopping 2,300,000 Macs which is an increase of 188% !

    > > Your stupidity-generated answer treats Apple as a world unto itself,
    > > ignoring what a small fraction of the total market they've always
    > > had.

    > With a 188% growth

    That leaves Apple with 3.2% of the market, less than what they had in
    1999.

    > I don't think Apple cares much about the market.

    Apple's commercials don't agree with what you think. Neither do the
    posts here about Apple moving into business, the enterprise, the
    military, etc.

    > Neither do I. Why is it so important to you?

    Idiots like you always reach this point,when their stupidity is
    finally overwhelmingly beat down, and they're left whining "why do you
    care?"

    > I mean, you'd have a
    > point if Apple was failing, on the brink of bankruptcy. But they're
    > doing great, selling like never before, making tons and tons of cash,
    > worth more than Dell and so on...

    I have a point that's loud and clear to anybody who hasn't made Apple,
    Inc. the center of their existence.

    > > IOW, in the world of fleas, Apple is one hell of a flea. * Up
    > > above the microscopic level, Apple was insignificant, is
    > > insignificant, and will always be insignificant, *despite what Apple
    > > sycophants believe.

    > I would love for my company to be as insignificant as Apple, who has
    > the worlds second most recognizable brand and is worth more than Dell
    > and has every hardware manufacturer trying to copy its products.

    What happened to your claim that Apple doesn't care about the market?

    > > > But loads and loads of units and revenue.

    > > Good for stockholders. * Not good for the people who bore the cost of
    > > paying those high margins.

    > What high margins?

    The ones you've been told about for years.

    > > > You do realise that that chart supports what I just said, no?

    > > I realize you have to be out of your mind to make such a claim.

    > That chart clearly illustrate that year over year market share is
    > growing. Q1 2008 is larger than Q1 2007.

    The chart clearly shows Apple's market share has been stuck at around
    3% for a decade. 2008 is history repeating itself.

  7. Re: Mac market share STAGNANT about TEN YEARS [was Re: Global Computer Market quarter by quarter]

    On Sun, 18 May 2008 17:42:55 -0400, Edwin wrote:
    > It's akin to the umpteen times I've been told
    > I was "right for once."

    Yes, but that was upteen people saying you were right ... once.

  8. Re: Mac market share STAGNANT about TEN YEARS [was Re: Global Computer Market quarter by quarter]

    On Sun, 18 May 2008 17:42:55 -0400, Edwin wrote:

    > Again you demand I explain your delusions.

    Again you can't answer a question.

  9. Re: Global Computer Market quarter by quarter

    "Snit" wrote in message
    news:C455B680.BA581%usenet@gallopinginsanity.com.. .
    > "weedhopper" stated in post
    > L9VXj.144214$Er2.7101@bignews6.bellsouth.net on 5/18/08 5:20 AM:

    >>> Did you realize that net income isn't the same as profit?

    >> Don't quit your day job.

    > I did a few seconds of searching... emphasis mine:
    >

    > -----
    > Net Income (NI)
    > 1. A company's total earnings (or *PROFIT*).
    > -----
    >

    > -----
    > net income
    > ... Also called aftertax profit, bottom line, net,
    > net profit, *PROFIT*.
    > -----
    >

    > -----
    > Net income
    > Net income is an accounting term; in some countries
    > (such as the UK) *PROFIT* is the usual term
    > -----
    >

    > -----
    > Search Result for "net income":
    > [syn: net income, net, net *PROFIT*, lucre, profit,
    > profits, earnings]
    > -----
    >
    > I do wonder what rabbit Tim Adams will try to pull out of his hat to show
    > how wrong I am and how right he is. I bet he does not just admit to his
    > error - that would be the mature thing for him to do.

    He'll run true to form like Alan Baker and the others, and slither away
    quietly like a frightened eel.

  10. Re: Mac market share STAGNANT about TEN YEARS [was Re: Global Computer Market quarter by quarter]

    Edwin wrote:

    > On May 18, 3:43*pm, David Fritzinger wrote:
    > > In article
    > > ,
    > >

    > > *Edwin wrote:

    > > > Why is it still at ~3% if it's increasing?

    > > Um, because it had dropped below 3%? Now it is increasing. Indeed, using
    > > the figures you provided, it has increased by 33% in the last year.

    > IOW, it's fluctuated above an below 3%, and you're demonstrating why
    > Maccies have spent years yelling about Mac growth with Mac market
    > share still stuck around 3%.

    And increasing. Which really, really bugs you, doesn't it?

    > Dropping down below 3%, then rising slightly above 3%, then falling
    > below 3% is not "growth." It is a net gain of zero.

    But, as you have shown, it has increased 33% in the last year. Apple is
    firing on all cylinders, Edwin. Mac sales are increasing. The iPod and
    iTunes Music Store dominate their markets, and the iPhone has had a
    resoundingly successful launch. All in all, Apple is doing great. And,
    that really bugs you, doesn't it?

    > > > No, it's not.

    > > Well, you finally got something right...

    > Yet another of umpteen times a kook like you has told me I "finally
    > got something right." It's akin to the umpteen times I've been told
    > I was "right for once."

    Well, yes, you probably were right. Once!
    8^)

    > > > Does projecting your worry into me help to soothe your dark soul?

    > > I'm not worried.

    > Sure you are.

    Why should I be? See above.

    > > Why should I be?

    > You fear for your stock dividends.

    Umm, Apple doesn't pay stock dividends. Never has. It is clear that I
    have found yet another thing you are misinformed about.
    8^)

    > > The company that makes the computer
    > > operating system I prefer is thriving.

    > The company that puts cash into your pocket is thriving.

    That too. Bugs you, doesn't it?

    > > You, however, seem very worried.
    > > Why?

    > Why are you asking me to explain your delusions?

    Why are you so monomanaiacial on this topic, Edwin? Apple's current
    success really worries you, doesn't it? We can feel your fear...
    8^)

    > > > Fear of what?

    > > You tell me. You are the one who is acting like he (or is that they) is
    > > afraid.

    > Again you demand I explain your delusions.

    I have no delusions. Your posts show that you are afraid of Apple. Why,
    I don't know, but you certainly seem to be. Care to explain why?

    --
    Dave Fritzinger
    Honolulu, HI

  11. Re: Mac market share STAGNANT about TEN YEARS [was Re: Global Computer Market quarter by quarter]

    "Sandman" wrote in message
    > In article
    > <4c10888f-4059-4ae6-9fb8-b6645daf3ec2@f63g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>,

    >> > Um, because it had dropped below 3%? Now it is increasing. Indeed,
    >> > using
    >> > the figures you provided, it has increased by 33% in the last year.

    >> IOW, it's fluctuated above an below 3%, and you're demonstrating why
    >> Maccies have spent years yelling about Mac growth with Mac market
    >> share still stuck around 3%.

    > The shares rises and fals, these Maccies presumably mentions it when
    > it is rising, such as now. I don't think any Maccie has been "yelling"
    > about Mac growth unless there was some at the time of "yelling".
    >
    >> Dropping down below 3%, then rising slightly above 3%, then falling
    >> below 3% is not "growth." It is a net gain of zero.

    > Actually, the units sold in the same time period has grown by a
    > whopping 188%. That's growth indeed.

    Wow!!! They must be bigger than MS now.

  12. Re: Mac market share STAGNANT about TEN YEARS [was Re: Global Computer Market quarter by quarter]

    In article
    ,
    Edwin wrote:

    > "For 1999, Apple ranked eighth in terms of worldwide PC shipments,
    > with 3.4 percent, up from 3.3 percent the previous year. "
    >
    > http://www.news.com/Apple-beats-expe..._3-239499.html

    Good GOD, Edwin, don't you EVER look at the DATE?

    > For 1999, Apple ranked eighth in terms of worldwide PC shipments, with
    > 3.4 percent, up from 3.3 percent the previous year.

    The articles compares 1999 to 2000 !!!!

    In other words, in ONE YEAR, there was an increase from 3.3 to 3.4
    percent. Nearly 7 years ago.
    Hardly says anything against Apple today, does it?

    Do you have any critical data from the last four or five years?
    Something that people might think is RELEVANT?

  13. Re: Mac market share STAGNANT about TEN YEARS [was Re: Global Computer Market quarter by quarter]

    In article <180520081556395355%mitch@hawaii.rr>,
    Mitch wrote:

    > In article
    > ,
    > Edwin wrote:
    >

    > > "For 1999, Apple ranked eighth in terms of worldwide PC shipments,
    > > with 3.4 percent, up from 3.3 percent the previous year. "
    > >
    > > http://www.news.com/Apple-beats-expe...0-1001_3-23949
    > > 9.html

    > Good GOD, Edwin, don't you EVER look at the DATE?
    >
    > > For 1999, Apple ranked eighth in terms of worldwide PC shipments, with
    > > 3.4 percent, up from 3.3 percent the previous year.

    > The articles compares 1999 to 2000 !!!!
    >

    > In other words, in ONE YEAR, there was an increase from 3.3 to 3.4
    > percent. Nearly 7 years ago.
    > Hardly says anything against Apple today, does it?
    >
    > Do you have any critical data from the last four or five years?
    > Something that people might think is RELEVANT?

    Mitch, he did have pertinent data from the last year, and he was posting
    it repeatedly for a couple of days. Until he realized that it showed
    that Apple's market share had increased 33% in the last year. It was at
    that point that he moved the goalposts and started comparing 2008 with
    1999.

    --
    Dave Fritzinger
    Honolulu, HI

  14. Re: Global Computer Market quarter by quarter

    "weedhopper" stated in post
    mo3Yj.48559$3v1.35394@bignews3.bellsouth.net on 5/18/08 4:59 PM:

    > "Snit" wrote in message
    > news:C455B680.BA581%usenet@gallopinginsanity.com.. .
    >> "weedhopper" stated in post
    >> L9VXj.144214$Er2.7101@bignews6.bellsouth.net on 5/18/08 5:20 AM:

    >>> Don't quit your day job.

    >> I did a few seconds of searching... emphasis mine:
    >>

    >> -----
    >> Net Income (NI)
    >> 1. A company's total earnings (or *PROFIT*).
    >> -----
    >>

    >> -----
    >> net income
    >> ... Also called aftertax profit, bottom line, net,
    >> net profit, *PROFIT*.
    >> -----
    >>

    >> -----
    >> Net income
    >> Net income is an accounting term; in some countries
    >> (such as the UK) *PROFIT* is the usual term
    >> -----
    >>

    >> -----
    >> Search Result for "net income":
    >> [syn: net income, net, net *PROFIT*, lucre, profit,
    >> profits, earnings]
    >> -----
    >>
    >> I do wonder what rabbit Tim Adams will try to pull out of his hat to show
    >> how wrong I am and how right he is. I bet he does not just admit to his
    >> error - that would be the mature thing for him to do.

    > He'll run true to form like Alan Baker and the others, and slither away
    > quietly like a frightened eel.

    No doubt. No doubt at all. But he will then bad-mouth me in his .sig for
    the next few *months* because I dared to prove him wrong.

    Whatever.

    --
    When thinking changes your mind, that's philosophy.
    When God changes your mind, that's faith.

  15. Re: Global Computer Market quarter by quarter

    In article
    <6017353a-08c6-40e3-8f64-94a9f46b9e55@a1g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>,
    Edwin wrote:

    > > > Your stupidity-generated answer treats Apple as a world unto itself,
    > > > ignoring what a small fraction of the total market they've always
    > > > had.

    > > With a 188% growth

    > That leaves Apple with 3.2% of the market, less than what they had in
    > 1999.

    But with 188% more units sold.

    > > I don't think Apple cares much about the market.

    > Apple's commercials don't agree with what you think. Neither do the
    > posts here about Apple moving into business, the enterprise, the
    > military, etc.

    Well, Apple isn't posting here, and their commercials doesn't seem to
    be focused on market share either.

    > > Neither do I. Why is it so important to you?

    > Idiots like you always reach this point,when their stupidity is
    > finally overwhelmingly beat down, and they're left whining "why do you
    > care?"

    No, I'm genuinely curious why market share is so important to you.
    Your diversion with insults says more than you may think.

    > > I mean, you'd have a
    > > point if Apple was failing, on the brink of bankruptcy. But they're
    > > doing great, selling like never before, making tons and tons of cash,
    > > worth more than Dell and so on...

    > I have a point that's loud and clear to anybody who hasn't made Apple,
    > Inc. the center of their existence.

    So, who are the recipients of your "point" since the ones that you're
    discussing it with apparently can't see it?

    > > > IOW, in the world of fleas, Apple is one hell of a flea. * Up
    > > > above the microscopic level, Apple was insignificant, is
    > > > insignificant, and will always be insignificant, *despite what Apple
    > > > sycophants believe.

    > > I would love for my company to be as insignificant as Apple, who has
    > > the worlds second most recognizable brand and is worth more than Dell
    > > and has every hardware manufacturer trying to copy its products.

    > What happened to your claim that Apple doesn't care about the market?

    It's just fine, thanks. Why?

    > > > Good for stockholders. * Not good for the people who bore the cost of
    > > > paying those high margins.

    > > What high margins?

    > The ones you've been told about for years.

    Ah, are you in reference to the lies about the margins you were proved
    wrong about, but kept claiming was true? These ones:

    <http://groups.google.com/group/comp..../800658aaa0849
    d95>

    > > > I realize you have to be out of your mind to make such a claim.

    > > That chart clearly illustrate that year over year market share is
    > > growing. Q1 2008 is larger than Q1 2007.

    > The chart clearly shows Apple's market share has been stuck at around
    > 3% for a decade. 2008 is history repeating itself.

    No one is arguing that, but the claim that it has grown 33% in a year
    is supported by the chart.

    --
    Sandman[.net]

  16. Re: Global Computer Market quarter by quarter

    In article , Sandman
    wrote:

    > No, I'm genuinely curious why market share is so important to you.

    AFAIK, he's never talked about this. Apparently, he just assumes it
    penetrates deeply and hurts people to hear it.

    > > I have a point that's loud and clear to anybody who hasn't made Apple,
    > > Inc. the center of their existence.

    > So, who are the recipients of your "point" since the ones that you're
    > discussing it with apparently can't see it?

    I don't know why he would think we aren't seeing it -- we keep agreeing.
    He is just assuming, like Muah and others, that market share means
    something to users. He just can't elucidate what he thinks the point
    is.

    > > > That chart clearly illustrate that year over year market share is
    > > > growing. Q1 2008 is larger than Q1 2007.

    > > The chart clearly shows Apple's market share has been stuck at around
    > > 3% for a decade. 2008 is history repeating itself.

    > No one is arguing that, but the claim that it has grown 33% in a year
    > is supported by the chart.

    And that it has doubled in four years is supported by the chart.
    But he isn't looking for MORE information in the chart -- he's looking
    for what he thinks is most damaging to us.

    So tell us, Edwin, WHY market share is supposed to mean so much to us.
    Is it because you think market share is a sign of quality?
    Is it because you think low market share signals bad products or
    mistakes?
    Is it because you think whoever buys the product with a big market
    share is 'winning'?
    Do you associate yourself with 'winners' because you bought into that
    product?
    Do you think market share is like a badge of belonging?
    Do you think consumers should buy products based on their market share?

    Come on, SOMETHING has got to generate a _reason_ out of you!

  17. Re: Mac market share GROWING about FOUR YEARS [was Re: Global Computer Market quarter by quarter]

    In article
    ,
    "Hasta La Vista" wrote:

    Nothing of much importance.

    --
    "The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
    "I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone

  18. Re: Global Computer Market quarter by quarter

    Edwin wrote:
    > http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2007/04/25results.html
    > fiscal 2007 second quarter ended March 31, 2007
    > Apple shipped 1,517,000 Macintosh® computers
    >
    > http://www.gartner.com/it/page.jsp?id=503816
    > STAMFORD, Conn., April 18, 2007 — Worldwide PC shipments totaled 62.7
    > million unitsin the first quarter of 2007
    >

    > http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2008/04/23results.html
    > fiscal 2008 second quarter ended March 29, 2008
    > Q2'08 Apple shipped 2,289,000 Macintosh® computers
    >
    > http://www.gartner.com/it/page.jsp?id=648619
    > STAMFORD, Conn., April 16, 2008 — Worldwide PC shipments totaled 71.1
    > million units in the first quarter of 2008
    > 1,517,000/62,700,000 = 0.0241
    > 2,289,000/71,100,000 = 0.0321

    2,289,000 - 1,517,000 = 772,000 = 33.7% increase
    71,100,000 - 62,700,000 = 8,400,000 = 13.4% increase

    It all depends on what point you're trying to make. I think any company
    would be pleased with results like Apples have been recently. What is
    your point? That the mac's market share is small?

    Does that matter to you?

    Andy

  19. Re: Global Computer Market quarter by quarter

    In article , nospamatall
    wrote:

    > > Poor appil crap twats!!!

    '7' is stupid enough that he thinks this misspelling makes OTHER people
    look dumb.

    > > In the mean time Linux sells 1 million+ embedded
    > > Linux gadgets PER DAY!!!

    Who sells it?
    I mean, yes, this might be true, but WHO is selling it? Why? And who
    benefits from having it sold that way, or on so many devices?
    NO ONE.

    > > Linux also gains at least 1 million+ Linux desktop installs PER WEEK.

    This is about as stupid as any advocacy claim can get.
    It's on the level with Microsoft PR claims!

    > > It is interesting that there are lots of reasons now to ditch appil
    > > corporation crap and go buy a cheap PC and move to Linux.
    > > Particularly for students.

    > Only if they need the !!! and ??? keys for something. The rest of us can
    > just hit ! or ? three times. With macs and PCs it's great because
    > sometimes you might only need one.

    It's just weird; this guy insists Apple is making crap, but he
    advocates buying cheapie low-end hardware.
    Meanwhile, most of the rest of us see the hardware as being of the same
    general type everywhere, except that Apple is using the best of it, and
    just not selling low-end stuff.

    So it seems '7' insists people should be buying the least impressive,
    lowest-performing junk available and installing a hobby OS -- because
    if you buy Apple's stuff you'll get a comprehensive and well-designed
    OS with great-performing hardware.
    Does that sound like a problem?

  20. Re: Global Computer Market quarter by quarter

    In article <8HwYj.25505$j7.469450@news.indigo.ie>, nospamatall
    wrote:

    > 2,289,000 - 1,517,000 = 772,000 = 33.7% increase
    > 71,100,000 - 62,700,000 = 8,400,000 = 13.4% increase
    >
    > It all depends on what point you're trying to make. I think any company
    > would be pleased with results like Apples have been recently. What is
    > your point? That the mac's market share is small?
    >
    > Does that matter to you?
    >
    > Andy

    It really seems to, but he hasn't been able to explain why.
    He just assumes it is obvious to everyone that we need Apple to have a
    much larger market share, and that it's a huge problem if it doesn't.

    He is so convinced that market share is the only significant
    measurement of anything, that he cannot even express why or how it is
    supposed to be so.