Computer automatically locks. - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Computer automatically locks. - Microsoft Windows ; At work my computer has been set to automatically lock after a few minutes of inactivity. I just find it annoying to have to re-type my pword to get back in several times a day. How do I disable the ...

  1. Computer automatically locks.

    At work my computer has been set to automatically lock after a few
    minutes of inactivity. I just find it annoying to have to re-type my
    pword to get back in several times a day. How do I disable the auto
    lock? I was told I could do this even though my comp is part of the
    network. We run Windows XP.

  2. Re: Computer automatically locks.

    On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 21:17:38 -0700, Tim Howard
    wrote:

    >At work my computer has been set to automatically lock after a few
    >minutes of inactivity. I just find it annoying to have to re-type my
    >pword to get back in several times a day. How do I disable the auto
    >lock? I was told I could do this even though my comp is part of the
    >network. We run Windows XP.

    Windows locks the computer when the screensaver becomes active. To
    disable this, right-click the desk-top and choose Properties. The
    Display Properties window opens. Click the "Screensaver" tab. Uncheck
    "On resume, password protect". Click OK to exit.

  3. Re: Computer automatically locks.

    Right click on Desktop- Select Properties and then Screensaver tab. Remove
    tick from box 'On resume password protect'

    "Tim Howard" wrote in message
    news:47d8aae7$0$4057$bbae4d71@news.suddenlink.net. ..
    > At work my computer has been set to automatically lock after a few minutes
    > of inactivity. I just find it annoying to have to re-type my pword to get
    > back in several times a day. How do I disable the auto lock? I was told
    > I could do this even though my comp is part of the network. We run
    > Windows XP.

  4. Re: Computer automatically locks.

    Talk to your IT manager. The company makes the rules. It is their machine
    and they may have security rules that need to be followed.

    "Tim Howard" wrote in message
    news:47d8aae7$0$4057$bbae4d71@news.suddenlink.net. ..
    > At work my computer has been set to automatically lock after a few minutes
    > of inactivity. I just find it annoying to have to re-type my pword to get
    > back in several times a day. How do I disable the auto lock? I was told
    > I could do this even though my comp is part of the network. We run
    > Windows XP.

  5. Re: Computer automatically locks.

    Tim Howard , the dirty-minded-tramp and
    free-and-easy female man who likes excessive dirty-factory inspections
    with prairie dogs, and whose partner is a toll-hole with a fiery camp
    coochie, wrote in <47d8aae7$0$4057$bbae4d71@news.suddenlink.net>:
    > At work my computer has been set to automatically lock after a few minutes
    > of inactivity. I just find it annoying to have to re-type my pword to get
    > back in several times a day. How do I disable the auto lock? I was told
    > I could do this even though my comp is part of the network. We run
    > Windows XP.

    Wiggle the mouse more often or if the machine is locking because you're in a
    meeting, stay away from meetings.
    HTH

    is but a dream within a dream.

  6. Re: Computer automatically locks.

    Hey Mate,
    visit http://tekchild.blogspot.com/2008/04...-directly.html
    for the solution. have come across a article about your problem.
    thought it could help you to resolve your issue.

  7. Re: Computer automatically locks.

    > GUEST wrote:
    > At work my computer has been set to automatically lock after a few
    > minutes of inactivity. I just find it annoying to have to re-type

    my
    > pword to get back in several times a day. How do I disable the

    auto
    > lock? I was told I could do this even though my comp is part of

    the
    > network. We run Windows XP.

    Doesn't it work if you just
    turn the screensaver off?