How do I create a VPN from XP to RedHat SAMBA server? - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on How do I create a VPN from XP to RedHat SAMBA server? - Microsoft Windows ; I want to be able to access the SAMBA drives, just as I would from a LAN connection. The XP box is in a home with a comcast connection. The server is behind a firewall. I suppose I need to ...

  1. How do I create a VPN from XP to RedHat SAMBA server?

    I want to be able to access the SAMBA drives, just as I would from a
    LAN connection.

    The XP box is in a home with a comcast connection.

    The server is behind a firewall. I suppose I need to do an nmap to
    find the open ports.

    I suppose I need some special software for XP, any recomendations?

  2. Re: How do I create a VPN from XP to RedHat SAMBA server?

    walterbyrd writes:

    > I want to be able to access the SAMBA drives, just as I would from a
    > LAN connection.
    >
    > The XP box is in a home with a comcast connection.
    >
    > The server is behind a firewall. I suppose I need to do an nmap to
    > find the open ports.
    >
    > I suppose I need some special software for XP, any recomendations?

    I can answer that one in a single word:

    openvpn

    openvpn server on the redhat box, use openvpn's windows client, and
    it should be quite straightforward from that point.

    --
    Todd H.
    http://www.toddh.net/

+ Reply to Thread