Windows Remote Control - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Windows Remote Control - Microsoft Windows ; Hi folks, I'm looking for some software to allow me to control a remote computer running Windows XP (it's being used to control a Ham Radio Repeater site). I need the interface to work kinda like Remote Access, but nobody ...

  1. Windows Remote Control

    Hi folks,

    I'm looking for some software to allow me to control a remote computer
    running Windows XP (it's being used to control a Ham Radio Repeater
    site). I need the interface to work kinda like Remote Access, but
    nobody will be at the remote end, so obviously that solution won't work.

    Thanks,

    Keith

  2. Re: Windows Remote Control

    Keith writes:

    > Hi folks,
    >
    > I'm looking for some software to allow me to control a remote computer
    > running Windows XP (it's being used to control a Ham Radio Repeater
    > site). I need the interface to work kinda like Remote Access, but
    > nobody will be at the remote end, so obviously that solution won't
    > work.

    Ultra VNC might possibly be a workable solution, but without knowing
    more about the network situation between you and where this box is, I
    can't say it's the right solution.

    If you need true remote _console_ access, hardware and more $'s are
    involved, but if someone can lay hands on the box if there's an issue
    with a software solution, and you have a way to deal with VNC not
    really being the sort of thign you want hanging right off the
    internet, it may be a free way to go.

    --
    Todd H.
    http://www.toddh.net/

  3. Re: Windows Remote Control

    Todd H. wrote:
    > Keith writes:
    >

    >> Hi folks,
    >>
    >> I'm looking for some software to allow me to control a remote computer
    >> running Windows XP (it's being used to control a Ham Radio Repeater
    >> site). I need the interface to work kinda like Remote Access, but
    >> nobody will be at the remote end, so obviously that solution won't
    >> work.
    >>

    > Ultra VNC might possibly be a workable solution, but without knowing
    > more about the network situation between you and where this box is, I
    > can't say it's the right solution.

    Our local Wi-Fi ISP (Network 1 Communications) has given us a__ free
    hard-wired connection into their access point, with a static IP (way
    cool eh?).
    > If you need true remote _console_ access, hardware and more $'s are
    > involved, but if someone can lay hands on the box if there's an issue
    > with a software solution, and you have a way to deal with VNC not
    > really being the sort of thign you want hanging right off the
    > internet, it may be a free way to go.

    Don't need Telnet or anything like that.... I need an interface that
    appears as though I'm sitting in front of the remote system... Kinda
    like Carbon Copy.

    I'll check out Ultra VNC... Thanks for the help,

    Keith

  4. Re: Windows Remote Control

    Keith wrote:

    >I'm looking for some software to allow me to control a remote computer
    >running Windows XP (it's being used to control a Ham Radio Repeater
    >site). I need the interface to work kinda like Remote Access, but
    >nobody will be at the remote end, so obviously that solution won't work.

    Remote desktop connection, which is a component of windows xp, won't
    do this job?

    ho

  5. Re: Windows Remote Control

    Heinz-Oskar Mueller wrote:
    > Keith wrote:
    >

    >> I'm looking for some software to allow me to control a remote computer
    >> running Windows XP (it's being used to control a Ham Radio Repeater
    >> site). I need the interface to work kinda like Remote Access, but
    >> nobody will be at the remote end, so obviously that solution won't work.
    >>

    > Remote desktop connection, which is a component of windows xp, won't
    > do this job?
    >
    > ho

    I think I may be confusing Remote Help with Remote Desktop... I'll take
    a look at that, thanks!

    Keith

+ Reply to Thread