Call for Wish Lists: CFV4e-based PC and OS - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Call for Wish Lists: CFV4e-based PC and OS - Microsoft Windows ; Hi All, I have been developing an OS for about 18 years. With the CFV4e out now having an excellent MMU, it looks like it is time to get serious (again). I would love to have feedback from those of ...

  1. Call for Wish Lists: CFV4e-based PC and OS

    Hi All,

    I have been developing an OS for about 18 years. With the
    CFV4e out now having an excellent MMU, it looks like it is
    time to get serious (again). I would love to have feedback from
    those of you who would like to give me their opinions on what
    the ideal desktop PC and OS would be like. Please post your
    opinions to for all to see and respond to.
    Squeaky wheels will probably get most of the grease.
    I will not bias you on any specifics but I will say that this OS is
    targeted at high efficiency and low bloat and will have capabilities
    beyond today's system software. Target market is serious
    hobbyists and techies that like software that is powerful and
    easy to use and want excellent documentation and like to do
    their development without wearing a straight jacket. Let me also
    say that the software will not be open source. As opposed to
    many others in the open source community, I believe that gifted
    developers should be paid for their hard work instead of having
    to give their talents away in an effort to twart the evil empires of
    the computer world. All sincere opinions are welcome.

    Thanks,

    PabloMack

  2. Re: Call for Wish Lists: CFV4e-based PC and OS

    Paul K. McKneely wrote:

    > Hi All,
    >
    > I have been developing an OS for about 18 years. With the
    > CFV4e out now having an excellent MMU, it looks like it is
    > time to get serious (again). I would love to have feedback from
    > those of you who would like to give me their opinions on what
    > the ideal desktop PC and OS would be like. Please post your
    > opinions to for all to see and respond to.
    > Squeaky wheels will probably get most of the grease.
    > I will not bias you on any specifics but I will say that this OS is
    > targeted at high efficiency and low bloat and will have capabilities
    > beyond today's system software. Target market is serious
    > hobbyists and techies that like software that is powerful and
    > easy to use and want excellent documentation and like to do
    > their development without wearing a straight jacket. Let me also
    > say that the software will not be open source. As opposed to
    > many others in the open source community, I believe that gifted
    > developers should be paid for their hard work instead of having
    > to give their talents away in an effort to twart the evil empires of
    > the computer world. All sincere opinions are welcome.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > PabloMack

    Speaking on behalf of serious hobbyists everywhere, I think the average
    person like me is looking for the following key design tenets to be
    incorporated into the OS they use:

    1. Stability
    2. Lack of bloat
    3. Speed/efficiency
    4. Intuitive user interface with good organization
    5. Security

    Windows, for example, gets some of this right and some of it not so
    right (but tries hard to improve).

    Best of luck to you. :-)

+ Reply to Thread