Re: Better video players than Winamp and Quicktime? - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Re: Better video players than Winamp and Quicktime? - Microsoft Windows ; Phil Cartwright wrote: > Does anyone know of a better video player than Winamp and Quicktime? Try VLC Media Player, it plays videos that many other players can't reach, except Quicktime/Mov perhaps...

  1. Re: Better video players than Winamp and Quicktime?

    Phil Cartwright wrote:
    > Does anyone know of a better video player than Winamp and Quicktime?

    Try VLC Media Player, it plays videos that many other players can't
    reach, except Quicktime/Mov perhaps

  2. Re: Better video players than Winamp and Quicktime?

    John of Aix wrote:
    > Phil Cartwright wrote:
    >
    >>Does anyone know of a better video player than Winamp and Quicktime?

    > Try VLC Media Player, it plays videos that many other players can't
    > reach, except Quicktime/Mov perhaps

    I'll try it. The website says it does support Quicktime and many Windows
    Media formats. The main hole seems to be RealPlayer formats,
    particularly video, but that's largely unimportant to me.

    --
    There's only four things you can be certain of: taxes, change, spam, and
    death.

  3. Re: Better video players than Winamp and Quicktime?

    Phil Cartwright wrote:
    > John of Aix wrote:
    >> Phil Cartwright wrote:
    >>
    >>> Does anyone know of a better video player than Winamp and Quicktime?

    >> Try VLC Media Player, it plays videos that many other players can't
    >> reach, except Quicktime/Mov perhaps

    > I'll try it. The website says it does support Quicktime and many
    > Windows Media formats. The main hole seems to be RealPlayer formats,
    > particularly video, but that's largely unimportant to me.

    Nor me. As I said, it manages to read files that require all sorts of
    codecs when using other players. It's never asked me for one and has
    always managed to read any video file I've sent to it without demur

+ Reply to Thread