snapshot software (acronis or drivesnapshot) - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on snapshot software (acronis or drivesnapshot) - Microsoft Windows ; Hi presently using Drivesnapshot and finding it nice, if a little clunky at times. I've heard lots of people mention Acronis and wonder if anyone has done a reasonable comparison of these? my main issue is in reccomending this to ...

  1. snapshot software (acronis or drivesnapshot)

    Hi

    presently using Drivesnapshot and finding it nice, if a little clunky at
    times. I've heard lots of people mention Acronis and wonder if anyone has done

    a reasonable comparison of these?

    my main issue is in reccomending this to a friend for a backup and recovery
    of her laptop (she has no other system to restore from) and I've personally
    had no end of trouble with getting a restore from DOS happening on my laptops
    and in the end gave up and put the drive in a caddy and did it from one of the

    other systems.

    thanks

    See Ya
    (when bandwidth gets better ;-)

    Chris Eastwood
    Photographer, Programmer
    Motorcyclist and dingbat

    please remove undies for reply

  2. Re: snapshot software (acronis or drivesnapshot)

    On Sat, 2 Feb 2008, Obakesan wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > presently using Drivesnapshot and finding it nice, if a little clunky at
    > times. I've heard lots of people mention Acronis and wonder if anyone has done
    >

    > a reasonable comparison of these?
    >
    > my main issue is in reccomending this to a friend for a backup and recovery
    > of her laptop (she has no other system to restore from) and I've personally
    > had no end of trouble with getting a restore from DOS happening on my laptops
    > and in the end gave up and put the drive in a caddy and did it from one of the
    >

    > other systems.
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > See Ya
    > (when bandwidth gets better ;-)
    >
    > Chris Eastwood
    > Photographer, Programmer
    > Motorcyclist and dingbat
    >
    > please remove undies for reply

    Chris,
    I too heard good things about ACRONIX PURE IMAGE and bought it.
    I however was never able to "Activate" it and finAlly threw the
    dam thing in the garbage.
    Joe

+ Reply to Thread