Winsock error (XP sp2). - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Winsock error (XP sp2). - Microsoft Windows ; Hi, One of my users turn off computer during closing of system and it caused a problem with TCP/IP protocol. The computer can't obtain IP address from DHCP, can't use static IP address. I can't use command: ipconfig (there is ...

  1. Winsock error (XP sp2).

    Hi,

    One of my users turn off computer during closing of system and it caused
    a problem with TCP/IP protocol. The computer can't obtain IP address
    from DHCP, can't use static IP address. I can't use command: ipconfig
    (there is problem with this command, please contact with your
    administrator), ping 127.0.0.1 (there is a problem with IP, error code
    no 2). I tried to reset internet protocol:
    (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357/en-us) but without results.
    When I run command: 'netsh int ip reset' in logfile I see that there is
    a problem in the same section:

    [deleted
    SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters \UseDomainNameDevolution
    reset Linkage\UpperBind for
    PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8139&SUBSYS_813910EC&REV_10\4&2FF3801D&0&0850. bad
    value was:
    REG_MULTI_SZ =
    PSched

    reset Linkage\UpperBind for ROOT\MS_NDISWANIP\0000. bad value was:
    REG_MULTI_SZ =
    PSched

    ]

    and later on I run the same command again and there is a bad value in
    the same place:

    [deleted
    SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters \UseDomainNameDevolution
    reset Linkage\UpperBind for
    PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8139&SUBSYS_813910EC&REV_10\4&2FF3801D&0&0850. bad
    value was:
    REG_MULTI_SZ =
    PSched

    reset Linkage\UpperBind for ROOT\MS_NDISWANIP\0000. bad value was:
    REG_MULTI_SZ =
    PSched

    ]

    I think that this command can't solve 'my' problem. Is there any way to
    repair TCP/IP ?

    BR
    Hubert

  2. Re: Winsock error (XP sp2).

    "Hubert Wi¶niewski" wrote in message news:fli47v$355$1@nemesis.news.tpi.pl...
    > Hi,
    >
    > One of my users turn off computer during closing of system and it caused
    > a problem with TCP/IP protocol. The computer can't obtain IP address
    > from DHCP, can't use static IP address. I can't use command: ipconfig
    > (there is problem with this command, please contact with your
    > administrator), ping 127.0.0.1 (there is a problem with IP, error code
    > no 2). I tried to reset internet protocol:
    > (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357/en-us) but without results.
    > When I run command: 'netsh int ip reset' in logfile I see that there is
    > a problem in the same section:
    >
    > [deleted
    > Hubert

    It is a given that files were corrupted by the bad shut down.
    I would try:
    sfc /purgecache then sfc /scannow
    The up to date XP install CD will be needed.

  3. Re: Winsock error (XP sp2).

    FrankFL wrote:
    > "Hubert Wi¶niewski" wrote in message news:fli47v$355$1@nemesis.news.tpi.pl...
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> One of my users turn off computer during closing of system and it caused
    >> a problem with TCP/IP protocol. The computer can't obtain IP address
    >> from DHCP, can't use static IP address. I can't use command: ipconfig
    >> (there is problem with this command, please contact with your
    >> administrator), ping 127.0.0.1 (there is a problem with IP, error code
    >> no 2). I tried to reset internet protocol:
    >> (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357/en-us) but without results.
    >> When I run command: 'netsh int ip reset' in logfile I see that there is
    >> a problem in the same section:
    >>
    >> [deleted
    >> Hubert

    > It is a given that files were corrupted by the bad shut down.
    > I would try:
    > sfc /purgecache then sfc /scannow
    > The up to date XP install CD will be needed.

    Ok, thank you

    BR
    Hubert

+ Reply to Thread