Re: Unofficial Windows 98SE Service Pack Revisited - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Re: Unofficial Windows 98SE Service Pack Revisited - Microsoft Windows ; "penang" wrote in message news:ee06cd31-9531-4818-bee7-6c6d654069fd@r60g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... > To all users of Windows 98 / 98SE out there, if you don't know that > there is an unofficial version of Win 98 Service Pack, please go to > http://exuberant.ms11.net/98sesp.html to take a ...

  1. Re: Unofficial Windows 98SE Service Pack Revisited

    "penang" wrote in message
    > To all users of Windows 98 / 98SE out there, if you don't know that
    > there is an unofficial version of Win 98 Service Pack, please go to
    > http://exuberant.ms11.net/98sesp.html to take a look.
    >
    > For those who have already installed the above service pack, please
    > take note that it was release sometime 2005, and I want to bring to
    > your attention that several other vulnerabilities have been identified
    >
    > One such vulnerability has been identified, please see "
    > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../MS06-001.mspx "
    >
    > Yet, according to Microsoft, since it is deemed "Not Critical", no
    > patch is released.
    >
    > Question to all the gurus out there : Is it possible to apply the XP
    > patch for this vulnerability (available at

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...E-499E-B89B-21
    5B7BB4D8E9&displaylang=en
    > ) for a machine running Win98SE ?
    >
    > Have anyone done that ?
    >
    > Thanks for reading, and thanks again for any of your recommendation !

    The patch for XP will not work on win98...
    nor is it necessary

  2. Re: Unofficial Windows 98SE Service Pack Revisited

    yep works good for me

    "philo" wrote in message
    news:cZWdnd_26OBwpRnanZ2dnUVZ_qCunZ2d@athenet.net. ..

    > "penang" wrote in message
    >> To all users of Windows 98 / 98SE out there, if you don't know that
    >> there is an unofficial version of Win 98 Service Pack, please go to
    >> http://exuberant.ms11.net/98sesp.html to take a look.
    >>
    >> For those who have already installed the above service pack, please
    >> take note that it was release sometime 2005, and I want to bring to
    >> your attention that several other vulnerabilities have been identified
    >>
    >> One such vulnerability has been identified, please see "
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../MS06-001.mspx "
    >>
    >> Yet, according to Microsoft, since it is deemed "Not Critical", no
    >> patch is released.
    >>
    >> Question to all the gurus out there : Is it possible to apply the XP
    >> patch for this vulnerability (available at
    >>

    > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...E-499E-B89B-21
    > 5B7BB4D8E9&displaylang=en
    >> ) for a machine running Win98SE ?
    >>
    >> Have anyone done that ?
    >>
    >> Thanks for reading, and thanks again for any of your recommendation !

    > The patch for XP will not work on win98...
    > nor is it necessary

+ Reply to Thread