looking for decent utilities - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on looking for decent utilities - Microsoft Windows ; Hi All, Got a Windows ME box that's acting cranky. I've run Spybot Search & Destroy and Ad-aware and removed some trash. I've still got a problem with the registry but Scandisk can't complete repairs 'cause some program keeps writing ...

  1. looking for decent utilities

    Hi All,

    Got a Windows ME box that's acting cranky. I've run Spybot Search &
    Destroy and Ad-aware and removed some trash. I've still got a problem
    with the registry but Scandisk can't complete repairs 'cause some program
    keeps writing to the disk. What process listing program can I use
    to find what process are running?

    Also, I'm looking for decent freeware or non-crippled shareware to clean
    the registry, modify the list of startup programs and similar operations.
    Any recommendations would be really appreciated....

    Don

  2. Re: looking for decent utilities

    Don Carpenter wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > Got a Windows ME box that's acting cranky. I've run Spybot Search &
    > Destroy and Ad-aware and removed some trash. I've still got a problem
    > with the registry but Scandisk can't complete repairs 'cause some
    > program keeps writing to the disk. What process listing program can
    > I use
    > to find what process are running?
    >
    > Also, I'm looking for decent freeware or non-crippled shareware to
    > clean the registry, modify the list of startup programs and similar
    > operations. Any recommendations would be really appreciated....
    >

    > Don

    RegSeeker1.45
    RegCleaner 4.2
    CrapCleaner1.13.069
    I have links on my site http://home.neo.rr.com/manna4u/tools.html
    -max

  3. Re: looking for decent utilities

    Don Carpenter wrote:

    > Hi All,
    >
    > Got a Windows ME box that's acting cranky. I've run Spybot Search &
    > Destroy and Ad-aware and removed some trash. I've still got a problem
    > with the registry but Scandisk can't complete repairs 'cause some program
    > keeps writing to the disk. What process listing program can I use
    > to find what process are running?
    >
    > Also, I'm looking for decent freeware or non-crippled shareware to clean
    > the registry, modify the list of startup programs and similar operations.
    > Any recommendations would be really appreciated....
    >

    > Don

    You can get around the Scandisk/Defrag problem by doing this scan in
    Safe Mode.

    You can also find good utilities that do exactly what you're asking @
    http://www.tditcorp.com/staticpages/...50315064925224
    (copy paste the URL)