How Do I remove Duplicate OS Due to Reinstall? - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on How Do I remove Duplicate OS Due to Reinstall? - Microsoft Windows ; Greetings! I recently upgraded my processor on my computer, which eventually required me to reload my XP-Professional. I reinstalled my XP OS, but somehow either I missed a step, or the program assumes you've removed the old OS, because after ...

  1. How Do I remove Duplicate OS Due to Reinstall?

    Greetings!

    I recently upgraded my processor on my computer, which eventually required
    me to reload my XP-Professional.

    I reinstalled my XP OS, but somehow either I missed a step, or the program
    assumes you've removed the old OS, because after I finished, I had two
    relatively complete copies of my OS on my computer. My primary 80 G hard
    drive is almost full, mainly because of the duplication.

    Is there a way to remove the old version without having to do a complete
    reinstall?

    Thanks!
    Max

  2. Re: How Do I remove Duplicate OS Due to Reinstall?

    Maxwell wrote:
    > Greetings!
    >
    > I recently upgraded my processor on my computer, which eventually required
    > me to reload my XP-Professional.
    >
    > I reinstalled my XP OS, but somehow either I missed a step, or the program
    > assumes you've removed the old OS, because after I finished, I had two
    > relatively complete copies of my OS on my computer. My primary 80 G hard
    > drive is almost full, mainly because of the duplication.
    >
    > Is there a way to remove the old version without having to do a complete
    > reinstall?
    >
    > Thanks!
    > Max

    You can always try deleting the entire Windows directory (old version)
    from the new OS.
    --
    http://www.tditcorp.com <-- keep your computer safe and secure the easy
    way!