Explorer crash - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Explorer crash - Microsoft Windows ; Hi All, When I right click on a desktop icon in Windows 2000 SP4 explorer.exe hour glasses and then goes non responsive. I then have to end task it. How do I solve this problem? Ron...

  1. Explorer crash

    Hi All,

    When I right click on a desktop icon in Windows 2000 SP4 explorer.exe hour
    glasses and then goes non responsive. I then have to end task it.

    How do I solve this problem?

    Ron

  2. Re: Explorer crash

    Run Adaware and/or spybot
    "Ron Davies" wrote in message
    > Hi All,
    >
    > When I right click on a desktop icon in Windows 2000 SP4 explorer.exe hour
    > glasses and then goes non responsive. I then have to end task it.
    >
    > How do I solve this problem?
    >
    > Ron

  3. explorer.exe crash on Win2kSP4, was: Re: Explorer crash

    Did you ever get a response to this??

    I have a similar problem with my Win 2000 Pro(SP4) Workstation.

    A couple of weeks ago, an explorer.exe problem started.
    Every time I try to open up anything such as: My Computer,
    Control Panel, Search for Files, or any folder, Explorer tries
    to startup and then quickly fails (it flashes a display of the
    opening directory window on the screen, for an instant before
    it fails). There is no error message associated with this failure,
    no dialog box and there is nothing about it in the event log or
    anywhere else I can find.

    This started for me around the time I installed some M$ security
    patches and also installed 3 or 4 trial video image burning
    packages. So, any of these things could have caused it.
    Other, "non-explorer" applications work just fine, BTW.

    I've searched the M$ Problem DB until I'm blue, but can't
    find this problem described there. Hence no fix.

    Has anyone else experienced this? If so, how did you
    resolve it????

    On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 22:51:43 -0500, "vsayshello123"
    wrote:

    >Run Adaware and/or spybot
    >"Ron Davies" wrote in message
    >> Hi All,
    >>
    >> When I right click on a desktop icon in Windows 2000 SP4 explorer.exe hour
    >> glasses and then goes non responsive. I then have to end task it.
    >>
    >> How do I solve this problem?
    >>
    >> Ron

+ Reply to Thread