Re: Installing SP 2 with a dial-up line - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Re: Installing SP 2 with a dial-up line - Microsoft Windows ; Leonard Evens wrote: > I need to install Windows Service Pack 2 on my daughter's computer, but > she has a dial-up line. I'm installing it now on my compter, and it > claims it needs 75 Mb and I ...

  1. Re: Installing SP 2 with a dial-up line

    Leonard Evens wrote:
    > I need to install Windows Service Pack 2 on my daughter's computer, but
    > she has a dial-up line. I'm installing it now on my compter, and it
    > claims it needs 75 Mb and I have no idea what happens after that. Is
    > there some way to get a CD with which to install it?

    I found that I can order a CD from Microsoft which will take 4-6 weeks
    to get to me. But is it possible to download it using my high speed
    connection to my computer, put it on a CD and then use that to install
    it on my daughter's computer?

  2. Re: Installing SP 2 with a dial-up line

    "Leonard Evens" wrote in message
    > Leonard Evens wrote:
    >> I need to install Windows Service Pack 2 on my daughter's computer, but
    >> she has a dial-up line. I'm installing it now on my compter, and it
    >> claims it needs 75 Mb and I have no idea what happens after that. Is
    >> there some way to get a CD with which to install it?

    > I found that I can order a CD from Microsoft which will take 4-6 weeks to
    > get to me. But is it possible to download it using my high speed
    > connection to my computer, put it on a CD and then use that to install it
    > on my daughter's computer?

    Yes

    Erik

+ Reply to Thread