does win ME support NTFS? - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on does win ME support NTFS? - Microsoft Windows ; if so, is there a way to safely convert a drive or partition from fat32 to NTFS? I absolutely need to change to NTFS. Will I have to upgrade to XP?...

  1. does win ME support NTFS?

    if so, is there a way to safely convert a drive or partition
    from fat32 to NTFS?

    I absolutely need to change to NTFS. Will I have to upgrade to
    XP?

  2. Re: does win ME support NTFS?

    No, Win ME does not support NTFS.
    However, you can use NTFS for Windows 98 to access Windows NT/2000/XP NTFS
    systems.
    http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/fr...tfswin98.shtml
    If you need to use NTFS, you have to upgrade to XP.

    http://pcsupport.xstudio.ca

    "Clem" wrote in message news:4169FDA8.7B4A14DF@a.a...
    > if so, is there a way to safely convert a drive or partition
    > from fat32 to NTFS?
    >
    > I absolutely need to change to NTFS. Will I have to upgrade to
    > XP?

+ Reply to Thread