XP> application uninstall procedure? - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on XP> application uninstall procedure? - Microsoft Windows ; I just installed Tiny Firewall, but detecting some more things than my old SyGate, I probably denied a wrong service, because after re-booting, i only get to see my background wallpaper, ie no icons or menus loading. (And it's not ...

  1. XP> application uninstall procedure?

    I just installed Tiny Firewall, but detecting some more things than my
    old SyGate, I probably denied a wrong service, because after re-booting,
    i only get to see my background wallpaper, ie no icons or menus loading.
    (And it's not because another user profile loads up

    Now as the only thing changed, I guess I would just have to uninstall
    Tiny Firewall, but how do I do that when I cannot get to the remove
    progams menu from the usual place?

    By hitting ctrl+alt+delete I can get to the task manager and run prompt,
    ie I can run things just fine. Entering Tiny however does not give me the
    ability to accept everything. (prolly because it is at a stage where it is
    not fully loaded, or so...)

    Yes, very much a n00b problem, I know but can anyone tell me where
    I should go from here?

  2. Re: XP> application uninstall procedure?

    Just renamed the Tiny folders in safe mode. No change.
    Also, Neither Ad-aware nor Trend Housecall are finding
    anything on the computer.

    So the error must be somewhere else? It seems that the
    PC does not go through the last procedures when booting?

+ Reply to Thread