how to disable scandisk? - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on how to disable scandisk? - Microsoft Windows ; I am using win98se. My hard disk seems to have bad sectors but win98se can still load properly. I know bad sectors means the hard disk is failing. I am just trying to buy time. Now each time I start ...

  1. how to disable scandisk?

    I am using win98se. My hard disk seems to have bad sectors but win98se can
    still load properly. I know bad sectors means the hard disk is failing. I am
    just trying to buy time. Now each time I start my PC, the message appears "
    One or more of your disk drives may have deverloped bad sectors. Press enter
    to let scandisk run surface analysis on these drives."

    I know the surface analysis will take hours to finish on my 20gb hard
    disk....so I just press the escape key to let windows load
    normally...followed by the enter key ( or any key) .

    Can someone tell me how to disable scandisk so that windows will just ignore
    the surface analysis scan and continue to load as usual. I am tired of
    pressing the escape key and enter key twice. I tried deleting the
    scandisk.exe file temporarily so that it is stored in the Recycle bin. But
    this doesn't help either. The message .......still appears.

  2. Re: how to disable scandisk?

    It is still recommended let the scandisk finishes the job when you are free.

    http://pcsupport.xstudio.ca

    "
    > One or more of your disk drives may have deverloped bad sectors. Press

    enter
    > to let scandisk run surface analysis on these drives."
    >
    > I know the surface analysis will take hours to finish on my 20gb hard
    > disk....so I just press the escape key to let windows load
    > normally...followed by the enter key ( or any key) .
    >
    > Can someone tell me how to disable scandisk so that windows will just

    ignore
    > the surface analysis scan and continue to load as usual. I am tired of
    > pressing the escape key and enter key twice. I tried deleting the
    > scandisk.exe file temporarily so that it is stored in the Recycle bin. But
    > this doesn't help either. The message .......still appears.

+ Reply to Thread