effect of deleting a partition in win2k server through disk manager - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on effect of deleting a partition in win2k server through disk manager - Microsoft Windows ; I have two hard drive on my system. Win2k server is installed on each of them. I have to make one hard drive (master) invisible to the win2k installation on the second hard drive(slave). I thought that I can achieve ...

  1. effect of deleting a partition in win2k server through disk manager

    I have two hard drive on my system. Win2k server is installed on each
    of them. I have to make one hard drive (master) invisible to the win2k
    installation on the second hard drive(slave).
    I thought that I can achieve this by goig to control
    panel->administrative tools->computer management->disk management and
    deleting the partitions on the master hard drive. However, when I do
    that, the system warns saying all the data on the partitions that are
    deleted will be lost.
    Does this mean that win 2k on the master will be deleted (since it is
    on one of the partitions thaat will be deleted through win2k on slave)
    If so, is there any alternative way to make win2k on slave not see
    the master?
    Thanks for any suggestions

  2. Re: effect of deleting a partition in win2k server through disk manager

    Yes.

    It depends on what do you mean "see". You may use tools to hide some
    folders. Remove slave win2k in boot.ini. Or, downgrade your master win2k to
    9x, and slave win2k with NTFS....

    http://pcsupport.xstudio.ca

    "rvsw" wrote in message
    news:b71f6b7f.0409012135.62c77525@posting.google.c om...
    > I have two hard drive on my system. Win2k server is installed on each
    > of them. I have to make one hard drive (master) invisible to the win2k
    > installation on the second hard drive(slave).
    > I thought that I can achieve this by goig to control
    > panel->administrative tools->computer management->disk management and
    > deleting the partitions on the master hard drive. However, when I do
    > that, the system warns saying all the data on the partitions that are
    > deleted will be lost.
    > Does this mean that win 2k on the master will be deleted (since it is
    > on one of the partitions thaat will be deleted through win2k on slave)
    > If so, is there any alternative way to make win2k on slave not see
    > the master?
    > Thanks for any suggestions

+ Reply to Thread