ping and other command prompt items don't work - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on ping and other command prompt items don't work - Microsoft Windows ; I used to be able to go Run, then type cmd and "ping" other PC's. Now it says ping is not recognized as an interanl or external command,... What can I change/restore to get this functionality back?...

  1. ping and other command prompt items don't work

    I used to be able to go Run, then type cmd and "ping" other PC's. Now
    it says ping is not recognized as an interanl or external command,...

    What can I change/restore to get this functionality back?

  2. Re: ping and other command prompt items don't work

    Type "C:\Winnt\System32\Ping localhost"

    Path may not set correctly.

    "michael cromarty" wrote in message
    news:5f025e68.0408200501.64de77a7@posting.google.c om...
    > I used to be able to go Run, then type cmd and "ping" other PC's. Now
    > it says ping is not recognized as an interanl or external command,...
    >
    > What can I change/restore to get this functionality back?

+ Reply to Thread