I have an old laptop with Win 98 SE installed over Win 95.
I do not need to connect a printer to it, but one of my applications needs
a 'default printer' installed. So I tried installing a Generic Printer, but
no joy: Even with the win Cd in de disk drive an error message pops up
saying so and so dll cannot be found. (iconlib.dll, tty.drv etc), so I
thought: I'll just install drivers for another imaginary printer ( a common
printer whose drivers are on the CD) : same story, drivers cannot be found.
Even if I carefully browse to the right files on the CD, they remain
invisible to the Install Printer Wizard.

Could anyone please point me in the right direction? (or better still, the
wizard...;-))

Thank you.
--
Groet, Adriana.
[throw rubbish out if you want to reach me by e-mail]