domain policy always overrides my local policy - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on domain policy always overrides my local policy - Microsoft Windows ; sir, my admin have created a domain policy with policy editor that every user of that domain could not see the drives in the workstations. I am given the rights of an admin in a workstation so in that workstation ...

  1. domain policy always overrides my local policy

    sir,
    my admin have created a domain policy with policy editor that every
    user of that domain could not see the drives in the workstations.
    I am given the rights of an admin in a workstation so in that
    workstation i am trying to hard to see the drives.I can view the
    drives when i logged as admin in the workstation.

    I tried the gpedit & move to "hide all drives" -> and disabled the
    settings
    even for local users i am unable to see the drives and i am also
    creating the new users , and for new users also i am unable to see the
    drives in the workstation.

    "domain policy is overriding my local policy "
    Please help me to recover
    thks in adv..

  2. Re: domain policy always overrides my local policy

    karthikeyan wrote...

    >sir,
    > my admin have created a domain policy with policy editor that every
    >user of that domain could not see the drives in the workstations.
    > I am given the rights of an admin in a workstation so in that
    >workstation i am trying to hard to see the drives.I can view the
    >drives when i logged as admin in the workstation.
    >
    > I tried the gpedit & move to "hide all drives" -> and disabled the
    >settings
    >even for local users i am unable to see the drives and i am also
    >creating the new users , and for new users also i am unable to see the
    >drives in the workstation.
    >
    >"domain policy is overriding my local policy "
    > Please help me to recover
    > thks in adv..

    It is as design, isn't it?
    If you work in a company, you should obey the company policy.

    If you don't want the domain policy to take effect, just login
    as a local user rather than a domain user. Right?

  3. Re: domain policy always overrides my local policy

    sir,
    thk u for ur reply.
    I tried logging into the system as local user & even also created new users in
    that workstation the result is same
    " I couldn' see the drives"

    harryooopotter@hotmail.co_ (Harry) wrote in message news:...
    > karthikeyan wrote...
    > >
    > >sir,
    > > my admin have created a domain policy with policy editor that every
    > >user of that domain could not see the drives in the workstations.
    > > I am given the rights of an admin in a workstation so in that
    > >workstation i am trying to hard to see the drives.I can view the
    > >drives when i logged as admin in the workstation.
    > >
    > > I tried the gpedit & move to "hide all drives" -> and disabled the
    > >settings
    > >even for local users i am unable to see the drives and i am also
    > >creating the new users , and for new users also i am unable to see the
    > >drives in the workstation.
    > >
    > >"domain policy is overriding my local policy "
    > > Please help me to recover
    > > thks in adv..

    > It is as design, isn't it?
    > If you work in a company, you should obey the company policy.
    >
    > If you don't want the domain policy to take effect, just login
    > as a local user rather than a domain user. Right?

  4. Re: domain policy always overrides my local policy

    karthikeyan wrote...

    >sir,
    > thk u for ur reply.
    > I tried logging into the system as local user & even also created new users

    in
    > that workstation the result is same
    > " I couldn' see the drives"

    My apology to have misread your posting.

    If you do a web search on "hide all drives group policy", you can find
    some links. The following might help you.

    http://www.sd61.bc.ca/windows2000/HideDrives.htm

    I haven't tried it myself. Good Luck.

+ Reply to Thread