Windows XP messed up my desktop! How to restore? - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Windows XP messed up my desktop! How to restore? - Microsoft Windows ; I don't even know what I did, except that I had an application not responding, and so I hit CTR-ALT_DEL and tried to decide which process to kill. And, like I said, I don't remember which key I hit, the ...

  1. Windows XP messed up my desktop! How to restore?

    I don't even know what I did, except that I had an application not
    responding, and so I hit CTR-ALT_DEL and tried to decide which process
    to kill. And, like I said, I don't remember which key I hit, the
    mouse was frozne, but, in the end, my Windows desktop is now turned
    180 degrees upside down. Everyhting works, except that the when I
    move the mouse right it goes left, up, it goes down, tec. Plus, of
    course, I can't read things upside down.

    Maybe this wouldn't be a problem if I were in a space station in
    microgravity, but I'm not. How do I restore my window to work
    properly?

    PS. Fortunately I have Linux installed on the 'puter, so I canpost
    this message.

    Thanks in advance.

    Joe

  2. Re: Windows XP messed up my desktop! How to restore?

    joseph_bachman@yahoo.com (Joe Bachman) wrote in message news:...
    > ...my Windows desktop is now turned
    > 180 degrees upside down. Everyhting works, except that the when I
    > move the mouse right it goes left, up, it goes down, etc.

    What Graphic adapter are you using? I thought one feature with my
    Radeon 9100 that was pretty cool was that you could mess around with
    the screen rotation, unfortunately it not work in linux .
    Nevertheless, if you are using a graphic adapter which supports
    rotation, manufacturer usually provides a util to rotate the screen on
    their website (its usually incorporated into a group of utils)

  3. Re: Windows XP messed up my desktop! How to restore?

    I finally fixed this problem on my own. Right clicked on the desktop
    and found a menu that had adjustments for screen rotation. Lo and
    behold, it was set to 180 degrees. All I had to do was restore it to 0
    degress, and the problem was fixed. It was a little hard reading
    things upside down, though.

    Now as to how it got messed up in the first place....

    pandora_xero@hotmail.com (Pandora Xero) wrote in message news:<390dc7e9.0407111941.55986422@posting.google.com>...
    > joseph_bachman@yahoo.com (Joe Bachman) wrote in message news:...
    > > ...my Windows desktop is now turned
    > > 180 degrees upside down. Everyhting works, except that the when I
    > > move the mouse right it goes left, up, it goes down, etc.

    > What Graphic adapter are you using? I thought one feature with my
    > Radeon 9100 that was pretty cool was that you could mess around with
    > the screen rotation, unfortunately it not work in linux .
    > Nevertheless, if you are using a graphic adapter which supports
    > rotation, manufacturer usually provides a util to rotate the screen on
    > their website (its usually incorporated into a group of utils)

+ Reply to Thread