Uwanted sleep mode - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Uwanted sleep mode - Microsoft Windows ; Hi I recently had to reinstall Win98. Since then I've had a problem with my monitor going to sleep mode after around 15 minutes. There is no option to turn this off in power management...all the other power options are ...

  1. Uwanted sleep mode

    Hi
    I recently had to reinstall Win98. Since then I've had a problem with my
    monitor going to sleep mode after around 15 minutes. There is no option to turn
    this off in power management...all the other power options are there
    though,such as system standby and turn off hard disks.

    I've looked through my BIOS and there isn't a setting there that *appears* to
    be affecting it.

    Any suggestions appreciated? I'm getting quite frustrated...50% of the time I
    can't recover from the sleep mode and have to reboot the PC manually. :|

    TIA

    ~peace~
    Chris
    *** Lowering the level of conversation since 1983 ***

  2. Re: Uwanted sleep mode

    lordmoose83@aol.comiscrap (lordmoose) wrote in message news:<20040701142955.16931.00000783@mb-m20.aol.com>...
    > Hi
    > I recently had to reinstall Win98. Since then I've had a problem with my
    > monitor going to sleep mode after around 15 minutes. There is no option to turn
    > this off in power management...all the other power options are there
    > though,such as system standby and turn off hard disks.
    >
    > I've looked through my BIOS and there isn't a setting there that *appears* to
    > be affecting it.
    >
    > Any suggestions appreciated? I'm getting quite frustrated...50% of the time I
    > can't recover from the sleep mode and have to reboot the PC manually. :|
    >
    > TIA
    >

    > ~peace~
    > Chris
    > *** Lowering the level of conversation since 1983 ***

    Is it just the monitor going to sleep mode or the entire computer?

    If its just the monitor, is the correct driver installed?

    Also, does anything have a ? or ! in device manager?

+ Reply to Thread