Active Directory and Group Policies... - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Active Directory and Group Policies... - Microsoft Windows ; OK - I'm having an odd problem w/ AD Group Policies. I have a Win2K server, and a WinXP Pro workstation. I have a GPO set to apply certain permissions to the c:\windows\prefetch folder. It works intermittently. When it doesn't ...

  1. Active Directory and Group Policies...

    OK - I'm having an odd problem w/ AD Group Policies. I have a Win2K
    server, and a WinXP Pro workstation. I have a GPO set to apply
    certain permissions to the c:\windows\prefetch folder. It works
    intermittently. When it doesn't work, it only gives the local
    computer Administrator rights to the folder, and it doesn't update the
    c:\windows\security\logs\winlogon.log file, so I can't use that to
    troubleshoot. I am going crazy trying to figure out how to
    troubleshoot this problem.

    We have 25 AD domain controllers, but often times the same that DC
    authenticates me will alternately allow the GP to work.

    Does anybody have an idea as to the cause? Any help would be greatly
    appreciated. Thanks...

  2. Re: Active Directory and Group Policies...

    blue_xterra@msn.com (Curt) wrote in message news:<66fa40f8.0406291010.7735d2e1@posting.google.com>...
    > OK - I'm having an odd problem w/ AD Group Policies. I have a Win2K
    > server, and a WinXP Pro workstation. I have a GPO set to apply
    > certain permissions to the c:\windows\prefetch folder. It works
    > intermittently. When it doesn't work, it only gives the local
    > computer Administrator rights to the folder, and it doesn't update the
    > c:\windows\security\logs\winlogon.log file, so I can't use that to
    > troubleshoot. I am going crazy trying to figure out how to
    > troubleshoot this problem.
    >
    > We have 25 AD domain controllers, but often times the same that DC
    > authenticates me will alternately allow the GP to work.
    >
    > Does anybody have an idea as to the cause? Any help would be greatly
    > appreciated. Thanks...

    When it doesn't work is there something in event viewer that says
    cannot find domain controller? If so, try this on the XP client:
    add this registry key
    HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\tcpip\param eters add a DWORD
    named DisableDHCPMediaSense and set it to 1

+ Reply to Thread