Help: My IE browser has been hijacked by res://nfysa.dll/index - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Help: My IE browser has been hijacked by res://nfysa.dll/index - Microsoft Windows ; My IE browser has been hijacked by res://nfysa.dll/index.html#12802 This appears in the homepage of my browser everytime I open up IE. It goes to some sort of search page. I am using IE 6. I did run a scan and ...

  1. Help: My IE browser has been hijacked by res://nfysa.dll/index

    My IE browser has been hijacked by res://nfysa.dll/index.html#12802

    This appears in the homepage of my browser everytime I open up IE.

    It goes to some sort of search page.

    I am using IE 6. I did run a scan and deleted a virus (checker).

    However I notice than when I do a google search and click on the link
    I am after, another pop up apprears (for example do a search for
    "test"):

    http://search-to-find.com/sec.php?qq=test&pin=12802

    I would be grateful if you could point me in the right direction.

  2. Re: My IE browser has been hijacked by res://nfysa.dll/index

    First thing - download, update and run Ad-Aware & SpyBot. Both will help
    get rid of the spy parasites.

    WT

    "Matt" wrote in message
    news:f6e1806.0406181834.42fb69d4@posting.google.co m...
    > My IE browser has been hijacked by res://nfysa.dll/index.html#12802
    >
    > This appears in the homepage of my browser everytime I open up IE.
    >
    > It goes to some sort of search page.
    >
    > I am using IE 6. I did run a scan and deleted a virus (checker).
    >

    > However I notice than when I do a google search and click on the link
    > I am after, another pop up apprears (for example do a search for
    > "test"):
    >
    > http://search-to-find.com/sec.php?qq=test&pin=12802
    >
    > I would be grateful if you could point me in the right direction.

  3. Re: My IE browser has been hijacked by res://nfysa.dll/index

    I download and run both of them but I still have the same problem.
    That program still creates "nfysl.dll" in my /windows/system32
    subdirectory. I have deleted it 100 times but no luck.
    Those programs that you mentioned do not see "nfysl.dll"

    "Wayne Tiffany" wrote in message news:<2jogp1F121h8pU1@uni-berlin.de>...
    > First thing - download, update and run Ad-Aware & SpyBot. Both will help
    > get rid of the spy parasites.
    >
    > WT
    >
    > "Matt" wrote in message
    > news:f6e1806.0406181834.42fb69d4@posting.google.co m...
    > > My IE browser has been hijacked by res://nfysa.dll/index.html#12802
    > >
    > > This appears in the homepage of my browser everytime I open up IE.
    > >
    > > It goes to some sort of search page.
    > >
    > > I am using IE 6. I did run a scan and deleted a virus (checker).
    > >

    > > However I notice than when I do a google search and click on the link
    > > I am after, another pop up apprears (for example do a search for
    > > "test"):
    > >
    > > http://search-to-find.com/sec.php?qq=test&pin=12802
    > >
    > > I would be grateful if you could point me in the right direction.

  4. Re: My IE browser has been hijacked by res://nfysa.dll/index

    just a small side comment, after you run and install ad-aware (which
    you should do in safe mode sometimes because it betters the chances of
    corrupt / virus files NOT running), do you change your default web
    page ?

    if you clean the virus/spy-ware off your computer, it won't re-set
    your homepage, and if you goto open up a browser and it pops you back
    to this bad page that may be whats creating the file

    also, have you ran a virus scanner?

    again, just some side thoughts

  5. Re: My IE browser has been hijacked by res://nfysa.dll/index

    Brian wrote:
    > just a small side comment, after you run and install ad-aware (which
    > you should do in safe mode sometimes because it betters the chances of
    > corrupt / virus files NOT running)

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

    > again, just some side thoughts

    Yah. They fell right out of your ****ing arse. No surprises there.