Mouse Stops working using keyboard / video / mouse switch box - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Mouse Stops working using keyboard / video / mouse switch box - Microsoft Windows ; I have a big and expensive manual keyboard, video and mouse switch. Sometimes, when I throw the switch to another PC, and then later switch back again, my mouse will not work on a Windows PC. This problem occurs on ...

  1. Mouse Stops working using keyboard / video / mouse switch box

    I have a big and expensive manual keyboard, video and mouse switch.

    Sometimes, when I throw the switch to another PC, and then later
    switch back again, my mouse will not work on a Windows PC.

    This problem occurs on Windows 95, Windows 98 and Windows XP.

    I am looking for some software that will reinitialize the mouse either
    after a period of mouse inactivity, or on the press of a hotkey.

  2. Re: Mouse Stops working using keyboard / video / mouse switch box

    Mark Hobley wrote:

    > I have a big and expensive manual keyboard, video and mouse switch.
    >
    > Sometimes, when I throw the switch to another PC, and then later
    > switch back again, my mouse will not work on a Windows PC.
    >
    > This problem occurs on Windows 95, Windows 98 and Windows XP.
    >
    > I am looking for some software that will reinitialize the mouse either
    > after a period of mouse inactivity, or on the press of a hotkey.
    >
    > Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

    mechaNICAL kvm? the get dirty contacts. I got an electronic
    KVM, about $70 to $100, much more reliable.

  3. Re: Mouse Stops working using keyboard / video / mouse switch box

    Mark Hobley wrote:
    > I have a big and expensive

    *yawn*

  4. Re: Mouse Stops working using keyboard / video / mouse switch box

    Mark Hobley, while eating pie wrote:

    > I have a big and expensive manual keyboard, video and mouse switch.
    >
    > Sometimes, when I throw the switch to another PC, and then later
    > switch back again, my mouse will not work on a Windows PC.
    >
    > This problem occurs on Windows 95, Windows 98 and Windows XP.
    >
    > I am looking for some software that will reinitialize the mouse either
    > after a period of mouse inactivity, or on the press of a hotkey.
    >
    > Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

    *plonk*

  5. Re: Mouse Stops working using keyboard / video / mouse switch box

    Kadaitcha Man, while eating pie wrote:

    > Mark Hobley wrote:
    >> I have a big and expensive

    > *yawn*