Cannot Remove print queue - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on Cannot Remove print queue - Microsoft Windows ; I am running Windows XP and have created a network print queue to a queue on my Linux box through Samba. I removed the queue on Linux first, forgetting about the queue on my Windows machine. When I then tried ...

  1. Cannot Remove print queue

    I am running Windows XP and have created a network print queue to a
    queue on my Linux box through Samba. I removed the queue on Linux
    first, forgetting about the queue on my Windows machine. When I then
    tried to remove the queue on XP, it won't let me remove it now. The
    queue goes into a status of "Deleting....." but never deletes. I have
    rebooted the machine several times but get the same result. I have
    tried to recreate the queue on Linux, but then get the message "Cannot
    remove the queue when there are queued documents pending...." when I
    try to delete the XP queue. There is nothing queued in either queue.

    I just want to get rid of the queue on windows. Is there any way to
    just remove it?

  2. Re: Cannot Remove print queue

    Martin.Zeigler@insightbb.com (Martin Zeigler) wrote in message news:...
    > I am running Windows XP and have created a network print queue to a
    > queue on my Linux box through Samba. I removed the queue on Linux
    > first, forgetting about the queue on my Windows machine. When I then
    > tried to remove the queue on XP, it won't let me remove it now. The
    > queue goes into a status of "Deleting....." but never deletes. I have
    > rebooted the machine several times but get the same result. I have
    > tried to recreate the queue on Linux, but then get the message "Cannot
    > remove the queue when there are queued documents pending...." when I
    > try to delete the XP queue. There is nothing queued in either queue.
    >
    > I just want to get rid of the queue on windows. Is there any way to
    > just remove it?

    Did you try uninstalling the printer in Windows and then reinstalling it?

+ Reply to Thread