need a tool to check the internet browsing speed(both upload & download) - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on need a tool to check the internet browsing speed(both upload & download) - Microsoft Windows ; sir, I need a tool to check the internet browsing speed(both upload & download) in windows & linux help me...

  1. need a tool to check the internet browsing speed(both upload & download)

    sir,
    I need a tool to check the internet browsing speed(both upload & download)
    in windows & linux
    help me

  2. Re: need a tool to check the internet browsing speed(both upload & download)

    On 15 Jun 2004 06:05:06 -0700, karthikeyan scribbled:

    http://www.speedtest.nl/

    --
    GerardLinux ay tee filternet dee oo tee ann el
    Q: What is small, yellow, and very, very dangerous?

  3. Re: need a tool to check the internet browsing speed(both upload & download)

    karthikeyan wrote:

    > I need a tool to check the internet browsing speed(both upload & download)
    > in windows & linux

    .... like this: http://www.2wire.com/?p=154 ??
    ..
    Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Salvor Hardin

  4. Re: need a tool to check the internet browsing speed(both upload & download)

    mjt wrote in message news:...
    > karthikeyan wrote:
    >
    > > I need a tool to check the internet browsing speed(both upload & download)
    > > in windows & linux

    > ... like this: http://www.2wire.com/?p=154 ??
    > .

    thks for ur help.
    Can i measure the internet speed with any command in windows or linux
    command to find the internet speed

  5. Re: need a tool to check the internet browsing speed(both upload & download)

    thegreatkarthik@yahoo.co.in (karthikeyan) wrote
    > Can i measure the internet speed with any command in windows or linux
    > command to find the internet speed

    Well, the "time" command measures the duration of any comamnd line
    action.
    It would be easy enough to combine it with something like wget.

    most command line ftp clients display the elapsed time after a file
    transfer is completed.

    and www.adslguide.org has a speed measuring widget on there somewhere

    I've used:
    http://www.ixiacom.com/products/perf...key=pa_q_check