how to change the register under WinXP - Microsoft Windows

This is a discussion on how to change the register under WinXP - Microsoft Windows ; Hello, I want to open a xml file with Eclipse. But when I double click the xml file, it will be opened with another Java Editor-JCreator. I don't hope so. So I delete the Java Editor. When I repeat opening ...

  1. how to change the register under WinXP

    Hello,
    I want to open a xml file with Eclipse. But when I double click the
    xml file, it will be opened with another Java Editor-JCreator. I don't
    hope so. So I delete the Java Editor. When I repeat opening the xml
    file with Eclipse, it is still not be opened with Eclipse. A message
    says that system can not find jcreator.exe for opening xml file.
    I don't know much about the system. Can someone tell me, what should I
    do to open xml file with Eclipse?

    thanks

    Jiang Li

  2. Re: how to change the register under WinXP

    "Jiang Li" wrote in message
    news:5c8132ed.0406050132.13b98a4a@posting.google.c om...
    > Hello,
    > I want to open a xml file with Eclipse. But when I double click the
    > xml file, it will be opened with another Java Editor-JCreator. I don't
    > hope so. So I delete the Java Editor. When I repeat opening the xml
    > file with Eclipse, it is still not be opened with Eclipse. A message
    > says that system can not find jcreator.exe for opening xml file.
    > I don't know much about the system. Can someone tell me, what should I
    > do to open xml file with Eclipse?
    >
    > thanks
    >

    > Jiang Li

    1. Double Click on My Computer
    2. Click on Tools
    3. Click on Folder Options
    4. Select the File Types Tab
    5. Search for XML Extension
    6. Where it says "Details for XML extension" "Opens with" - click on the
    "Change" button
    7. Select your jcreator.exe program from the populated list, or click on
    Browse and find it
    8. Go from there

+ Reply to Thread